Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=59528:MVC_003S.JPG][attachment=59519:MVC_001S.JPG]Bought some Artic FX graphix and under stock stickers, this is what I find. Of course it was the last sticker removed. This is a new crossfire with 0 miles and the new graphics will not cover it up. Not a happy camper. So I got in touch with my dealer. Dealer said he would talk to cat. Can I expect cat to do anything for me? No snow and now this. bang your head bang your head

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
did ya do that when ya pulled off the sticker or was it already there, and damn that sucks, they may send ya a new hood

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Wow - I've never seen something like that before :sos:

I'm not sure what Cat will do. I would hope they take the high road here and get it fixed under warranty. However, playing devil's advocate, I can also see them replying with a "You wrecked it by removing the decal" response. Personally, I think the latter would be b.s. - but in all fairness I could see that type of reply.

Just out of curiosity, how did you remove that decal and which one was it? Looks like the back, rear portion of your hood, on the PTO side? Excessive heat from a heat gun?

Regardless of where it is, and how it was done ... I hope it's taken care of for you (and taken care of quickly).

Keep us posted.

Edit - looking closer, you can see the "cloud" around the problem area. Was that from you, or is this a blatant cover up from the factory?

·
Registered
203 Posts
There is absolutely NO WAY that removing the graphic did that. I mean ABSOLUTELY NO WAY, These graphics come off so easy. To me it looks like a paint or mold imperfection that way sanded flat, and not repainted because it would be covered by the graphic. Cat Should totally warranty that hood, if fact it never should have gone out that way in the first place.

Just my 2c

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not have have to use heat, those factory stickers came off slicker than snot. It was definetly s.anded before sticker was put on. The spot is on the PTO side where it use to say crossfire 6 I took the hood of to get fixed. All the pictures were taken outside in the back of my truck. http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/style_ima...tach_remove.png

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've seen this before. Once.

Actually, it was on my Dad's old 98 ZL. There were 2 decals that ran from the front bumper to the center vents on the hood (98 ZR2 body). He removed the stock flat black decals that were on his black hood, and replaced them with green ones. When removing one of these stickers he had the same marking on his hood - only not as large. It was smooth and since decals were going back on to cover it, he never worried about it.

Hopefully Cat deals with you fairly and promptly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cat4ever @ Jan 3 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Couldn't you just use some touch up paint to cover it?[/b]
I don't think thats the point here. This is a BRAND NEW sled with a factory F&*% up, and one they new about and let leave anyway. The whole hood would have to be repainted for the finish to look smooth and blended.

·
Registered
114 Posts
When I removed the HUGE warning sticker on the dash of my son's F6,
there was a blemish, but not that bad. Let us know what AC does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 06 black 700 crossfire and when I removed the decals I had a 4inch round spot that was rough as if someone sanded it with a DA sander, about 80 grit rough and through the paint in the middle. My new sticker covered it. It was located in the same location as yours.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i guess the painter screws up and tries to cover it by sanding it smooth
hopfuly you'll get a new hood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts