Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my boys have had their 400 and 500 for three weeks now. We just got back from a good day of riding at Busco. My son loves his 400, he goes practically wherever I go on my V2, even pulls me out quite a bit. The stock tires on the 400's are the Dunlop Quadmaxx's. They are a very nice improvement over the GoodYears. Those combined with the GC and he just rolls along where some of the competitions machines have a hard time due to low GC. Busco's trails can be very rutted out and there is nothing more satisfying than to just tool right along through them while others are stuck or go around. Cat GC rocks :super_happy:
One thing I really like about theirs, and am not sure if it's only the 07's, is the anodized muffler and the fact it's attached with with tension springs. I just added a sway bar to both their machines last night and he noticed a difference as well even on the smaller 400. The other thing is the auto choke that works flawlessly, my V2 is still a pain to start at times.
The only thing I don't like about the 400 is the plastic set up for the pod area, it's takes a lot more effort to get to the air box to change your filter. I wish they could have stuck with the set up that's on the 500 and up. That is about the only negative thing I can think of design/performane wise.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Mar 3 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great report man! Do you have a picture of that exhaust mount?[/b]

Here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
good to hear that the new bikes are working well!

as for the exhaust:

this is the way that they have been putting exhausts on their sleds for... well, forever

the vibration and torqueing of the engine means the exhasut cant be fixed to the engine, it must move.

so, why did it take Cat this long to add it to the ATVs? they vibrate and are smashing around in ruts and through mud holes, springs will ensure a tight fit that allows movement.

I noticed that the conection to the muffler on my bike smokes between the connection sometimes, but the thought never crossed my mind as to why springs were never used instead of the stupid clamp design on the 05's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts