Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, but I may need to go a little bit to the dark side. My wife does not like her 500 at all. She tried the 07 700 Grizz and she really liked it so I think our daughter will inherit the 500 Auto and I will just have to set up the throttle accordingly. I do not want to trade the 500 in, I will take too big of a hit on it and it has less than 50 km's on it. The 500 is quite sluggish for her tastes and since she tried the power steering, it is a lot easier for her and I could see us going out for longer day rides with this other machine. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I will have anything other than a Cat but I have to give her what she wants sometimes. On a different note, does anyone know why the AC 700 has a coolant resovoir and the 500's don't? I just ordered one for our 500 and will install it this weekend. I know my buddy had issues with his last year until he put a resovoir on. At least I don't have to go to another dealer since ours has AC's, Yamaha's and Kawasaki's.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
That's funny....had to do something similar. My wife only wanted a Honda because that is what she has heard so much about the reliability on...so last month we bought her a Honda Foreman. But don't worry I am almost done hooking up the new winch to help her get wherever I am going.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Her joke back to me was that she will be out riding while I am trying to get mine started. ( I had a lot of choke problems with mine right out of the box) bang your head All good fun though....always a brand battle to be had no matter what the product.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. Give her what she wants because u will be happier in the long run

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
A Cat isn't the best quad for everyone out there. For us, they are a great fit. For others, not so much. If she's happy, then that's all that matters. :)

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
If mama's happy, everyone is happy......I live by it for the most part.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to look at it this afternoon. The only problem is, the price tag is qiute steep, she wants the special edition silver one. They want $11,700.00 for it(Canadian)

Mitch

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Tell her how disappointed you are in her as a human being, then go get her what she wants lol.

Whatever keeps her riding.

I keep dropping hints about a rhino to my wife. For her of course! She won't bite though.

Later
Molsondrinkr

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
molsondrinker, i do the same thing to my wife. i tell her that she should test drive a side by side. she says that she doesn't want one cuz then she will look like a p**sy. so, i guess she'll keep riding the 400 for a while.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
get the griz i love the 05 660 we got
700 some miles on already
gots to do some draggin with it

put some mudlights on it and she can go through n e thin unless you get in real nast

ive had it in 5 foot of water (no snorkle) and passing a 800 sportsman (dang poo)
no prob

just watch out you wana keep it in a heated garage they are very grumpy when they get cold
(dont wana start)
(kiinda like me lol)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I went and looked at it and for a Yamaha, it is quite nice. The brushed silver is cool too. I see that Yamaha is also trying the painted plastic route. I didn't drive it but got to start it and try the power steering. I'm betting within the next couple of years, most utility quads will be doing it as well. Will wait and see if the wife really wants a third quad payment or not, this I think will be the deciding factor.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You gotta do what you gotta do to make the panties looser.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
We bought my wife an '07 Grizzly 700 in December. It was what she picked out after test driving an Arctic Cat, Polaris and Honda. The power steering was the biggest factor. She couldn't be happier. And that means I couldn't be happier.

I spent all day last Saturday working out at the hunting lease with my partners. When I came home that evening I noticed that her Grizzly was just a bit closer to my Arctic Cat than I had left it several days later. Just as I suspected, she had gotten it out and played in the yard with it while I was gone. A year ago she couldn't have cared less about ATV's. Now she's hauling it out of the garage by herself just for the occasional joy ride.

It just doesn't get any better than that! woot

stellarpod

·
Registered
672 Posts
For those of you wanting a side by side, after I got my prowler my 400 hardly leves the garage anymore. THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME :super_happy: Only drawback is they wont fit down some trails

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My women keeps buggin me "when we going riding?" Thats a nice type of nagging. She hates my arctic cat, really likes the outlander and its comfort, but still pissed at me for selling the Scrambler as that was her favorite. She wants me to get a auto sport quad again for her. Problem is there isnt many choices for that- wolverine, scrambler, renegade. She rides my pred sometimes but dont like shifting.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have a 400 and last year my wife was riding it and was comming through a rocky area. Well it seems she didn't have a tight grip on the bars and they snapped to the right real quickly jamming her wrist. Long story short......she tore the tenden back by her elbow from the jolt. She was not happy.
She has rode my buddies 330 Polaris magnum and likes it alot better. She likes the seat better and the steering is alot easier. I would like to buy her her own 4 wheeler but she dosn't know if her elbow can take it. I am thinking that power steering is the way to go. I sure hope Cat offers it soon. I don't want to spend my money on what I feel is an over priced Honda and I have owned 1 Yamaha and it will be my last. I must say the the new Grizzly does seem pretty impressive. I just still have a bad taste from my Yamaha street bike and have just never been much of a Yamaha guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts