Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you guys thought and could tell me pros and cons about the F1000 LXR. I figure a few of you have this sled already. I have an 04 F7 EFI and an F6 EFI. I was thinking of getting rid of both firecats since I only need 1 sled in the family anymore. The wife decided to give up riding and would rather be on the back when she does go along. The older I get the better reverse and electric start sound. Any imput would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I love the ride and feel of the new F's. I ride trails mostly and I am not one to go balls to the wall alot so the top speed doesnt concern me that much. That seems to be the biggest complaint about them. If you get one you won't be dissapointed.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the repiles guys. I am making the plunge today for this new F1000 LXR. I'll be picking it up today and off to Old Forge I go. My dealer told me that the ECU needed to be updated but said take the sled for the weekend and bring the ECU back and they will send it to Cat to get the update done. Here's a question for you guys, How many studs and what size are you running in these sleds? I've always used 10' carbides on everything I have. I was figuring maybe around 153 or 3 per lug and a length of 1.187. Thanks, Dave....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I rented an F5 in the UP for a day last week. The new rider forward seating so great over the bumps. Now I want to buy one , however, my Sabercat is only a year old. But it was a great sled, I'd go LXR becuz the low windshield was cold in the o degree temps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yea, I would get the tall windshield. It may look a little goofy but it keeps you warm. I dont have any studs and I am running PX301 skis with 7.5 inch shapers. I want to put a 136 or 141 with 1.25 or 1.5 inch lugs on it next year. I have a friend that welds so its a matter of doing a little figuring on how to extend the rear cooler and bending some sort of tunnel extension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts