Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
All Pros. It is a great machine. If you go with a non le modle it is a little cheaper. Good luck and enjoy cant go wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
[email protected], welcome call to ArcticChat! :chug:

I don't have the 700, so I can't offer an opinion. But please do post some pics of your Cat if you get one!

:chug:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
A G you should go down to your local dealer and ride one you would be amazed. They realy are a great machine. And they are fast

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cardiocasey @ Jan 25 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A G you should go down to your local dealer and ride one you would be amazed. They realy are a great machine. And they are fast[/b]
As things turned out I bought a V2 before the 700 was even available. You can bet if I was in the market, the Cat model with the biggest engine would be the one I'd choose though.

So for the moment, my V2 will have to do until the time for a new one comes.

My ATV's frame and drivetrain are basically the same as the 700 anyway, so at least I'm close.

:chug:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Shuetz,Just got my 700 the 1st of December went from a 500.Wow it is like nite and day i have only got to really plow snow with it but it has all the power you will need.The efi has worked flawless for me and it has been cold here not anything negative but still cold.the ride is very comfortable.it seems to handle great.And I really do love that orange paint I didnt think i would but is cool.Cant say enuff about it.Im trying to get a good trail ride up this saturday so will report more then.But so far well worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
welcome call can't go wrong with the Cat, if you want a real torque monster go for the H1, never ridden a 700 but have heard good things about them here on the site. I see you've just joined, this is a real good site with lots of information and a lotta good people, enjoy! Dog

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought one back in November of 2006. So far, I like it . It rides very well and has good power. I am 6'6" and weigh 320lbs and it hauls me around fine. I have pulled some good size trees with it. I have not ridden any of the other ATV's on the market so it is hard to compare one from the other. If you are a balls-to-the-wall ATV racer then you will not like it. It weighs over 700 lbs. It is a great trail, mud, and work quad.

Check the dealer closely by asking around. When there is a problem, you want a dealer who will work for you. Some of them don't give a damn and could care less.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
136 Posts
700's are awesome. The only draw back is they take forever to break in (but, thats a good thing too). They get alot faster after you put 1000 miles on them. Get a power commander too, it really brings it to life.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Claws @ Jan 25 2007, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
700's are awesome. The only draw back is they take forever to break in (but, thats a good thing too). They get alot faster after you put 1000 miles on them. Get a power commander too, it really brings it to life.[/b]
What is a power commander? Is it some kind of a cdi box.

tks cardio

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had my 700 about 4 mo's. It has impressed me on how well it does in the mud and rock climbing. I also upgraded from a 500 and am very happy with my decision. Great power and torque.
One item on the 700 is I think the belt exaust is lower than it is on the H1 or 500. I took in water twice to the belt housing during some deep crossings and in deep mud. I snorkled after the 2nd time.

I am not an expert but I think with the EFI you don't have the same jetting issues if you ride high altitudes or if you snorkle it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.