Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was wondering if anyone no’s what temperature it has to be to open the thermostat? On 03 zr 900. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk FastCat123$&.6doozr9000

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , going to test it in a pan of water on the stove and see if it opens.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes . It opened up around 125. My issue was that wasn’t seeing any antifreeze moving in the full bottle. And the rear heat exchangers where hot. The antifreeze bottle temp inside was only 80 temp.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yes . It opened up around 125. My issue was that wasn’t seeing any antifreeze moving in the full bottle. And the rear heat exchangers where hot. The antifreeze bottle temp inside w
Yes . It opened up around 125. My issue was that wasn’t seeing any antifreeze moving in the full bottle.

I would say that is 'normal'

And the rear heat exchangers where hot.

What was their temperature?

The antifreeze bottle temp inside was only 80 temp.

That wouldn't cause me any concern.

What kind of coolant are you using? It looks blue in your photo.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, just figure out after running the motor on the stand many times that I would see the coolant move so what. Here’s how I did it ( probably wrong) I vacuumed the fluid out of the reservoir tank to the bottom. Took off the manifold for the thermostat. Soon ass I took out the thermostat you hear air pressure coming out and somehow the dang antifreeze bottle was almost filled up??

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Don’t have the proper tool to test temps down there . But you couldn’t hold your hand on it for more then a few minutes. Looking to buy a water temperature gauge. Anyone no where to get one from and what is the best to buy

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
Best is a Cat. Its plug and play. Will take about 1/2 hr.-45min. to install.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I Don’t have the proper tool to test temps down there . But you couldn’t hold your hand on it for more then a few minutes. Looking to buy a water temperature gauge. Anyone no where to get one from and what is the best to buy

Does your sled have a high temp. idiot light? You may be interested in a laser temp. gun for general trouble shooting. What coolant are you using?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am using what the sled came with. It’s a very light blue color and the jug he gave me has all the labels worn off it. I no it’s much thinner then regular antifreeze. Mybe a environmental friendly. I did get my laser temp hand held unit back yesterday from someone who I leant too. Started to bleed the system yesterday. Up and down . Front to back. Let sit overnight.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went on country cat for temp gauge and they said out of stock.

Was going to try this one . What do you guys think,

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
How do you plan on installing it? Drill hole in hood? I would check bone yards for a Cat gauge myself. They have the harness that's plug and play. That does not have a sensor with it does it? You will need one.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it has a sensor with it and a few adapters . It’s 12 volt temp gauge. I will call the cat dealership again to day. I was going to drill a hole in the dash.

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
Center it up nicely, then use a pilot hole then drill with the cutting bit. Be sure its not to big. A lot of guys drill too big and the gauge falls through.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going to return it . Called my cat dealership by me and gave me a phone number to anther cat dealership. So I am getting the oem gauge next week

1 - 15 of 15 Posts