Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this idea from a post on another forum (for trucks) and thought it would be good to hear some of the Arctic Chatter's stories.

Post any strange or interesting things you've found or came apon while out riding the trails on your wheeler, be it a sweet scenic spot back in the woods, crazy people along the trails, anything at all. In the topic on the other forum burnt cars in random spots seemed to be a popular find.

:needpics:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well I dont have a picture of it, but we were riding along a stream, could not have been eight foot across at the widest spot. we came to a waterfall that was about a 30 foot drop and at the bottom was a 18 foot cabin crusier boat. We could not figure how they got it down that small stream.

We have also seen old motorgraders, bulldozers, and other equiment, that had been probable been forgetten for 20 or 30 years from the size of the trees growing up though them.

Last week I was riding along the river behind my house and found a 12 foot flat bottom boat. me and a couple of buddies are fixing a few holes in it and it will be river worthy again

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
3 or 4 years ago I was riding the trail near my house and came upon my buddy with his wife on the back rack going to town........I didn't stop to talk and I don't think he even missed a stroke!!!! Rockerdude We still laugh about it to this day.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I found a good head light for my cat :D just laying there on the ground...now i have a spare lol

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
While exploring Windrock, we came upon a Meth house, knew it was one because the users were gone but had written METH HOUSE on the side in big letters, had a big stove and stuff for cooking it up and must have been thousands of empty pill packs on the ground. Cat happy Glad they were gone, don't want to really know if :bleedgreen

·
Registered
361 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (modn @ Jan 17 2007, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3 or 4 years ago I was riding the trail near my house and came upon my buddy with his wife on the back rack going to town........I didn't stop to talk and I don't think he even missed a stroke!!!! Rockerdude We still laugh about it to this day.[/b]
haha, that is awesome.

·
Registered
361 Posts
4 lost boy scouts... we drove past them then stopped up the trail probably 500m. We then figured that this was a strange place for them to be so we turned around and went back. They were still sitting in the same spot when we got back there. We asked them where they were going and they proceeded to show us on their map. It ended up that they were about 8km from where they thought they were. It was getting dark so we put them on the cats and drove them back the highway where one of them phoned the scout leader and he came to pick them up. I've never been thanked so much by a bunch of kids in all my life...perhaps they were just happy to get a chance to ride on a cat. Cat happy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was working on a trail one day and came upon a spike horn white tail deer that had tried to fit through a v shaped tree and got its hind quarters stuck. It was still alive but barely. I would have cut him out but he was to far gone. What a tough way to go.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
well massmark will back me up with this one, while in mass riding way back (or at least i consider it quite far back) in the woods there was a decient mud hole and there were two pickup trucks and a few guys. they said that they were there the previous day and got stuck and had to leave the one truck over night and when we saw them (sat afternoon) they just had gotten it unstuck with com-alongs. they tried to pull with another truck and just ripped the bumper of the stuck truck right off.
of course i had to try the hole with the mighty v2 and didn't make it but spent a good 20 minutes trying! now if mark would get around to posting or sending me those pictures that his buddy took..............

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:yo_sup: I know I posted this picture a while back, but since you asked I came across this on the trail up in Wisconsin back in June[attachment=60993:DSCF1363.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (modn @ Jan 17 2007, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3 or 4 years ago I was riding the trail near my house and came upon my buddy with his wife on the back rack going to town........I didn't stop to talk and I don't think he even missed a stroke!!!! Rockerdude We still laugh about it to this day.[/b]

humper I think we have a WINNER in this topic!! :thumbsup: :lol: slaphappy

·
Registered
332 Posts
Last summer my brother and I came across 2, 15 year old girls that had been thrown from their Suzuki 4x4 they were on. They had been there for over an hour. Both had been unconcious for some time they said. One was at the base of a big tree with a compound fracture of her lower leg (tibia & fibia), cuncusion and had split her full face helmet from ear to ear in two. The other was face down w/ a broken femur (leg facing the wrong way) broken right upper arm and some ribs. They were cruising on trails that they didn't know and flew over a rise that turned right after. Needles to say they never made the turn. That was some scarry $hit !

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I was riding on some trails around cook city and on the goose trail there was volkswagen bug. you could barley make it with an atv. How they made it up there still amazes me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Several years ago was riding WAY up in a a remote area of the mtns of Northern Utah on a Sunday morning with a very good friend. We stopped for lunch, resting in the sun and solving many current world problems prior to turning around to head back. When we left I suggested we drive up the trail about a 100 yards to the top of a rise to see what was on the other side. At the top and about 1/2 mile distant we observed a 4x4 pickup with four guys around it. It was in a large open area and as as we got closer noted there were deep tracks, some as long as 3/8 mile, ALL OVER the large, low-lying boggy area they were in. They had been in that bog since Friday afternoon, unable to get out. They had no camping gear and had not eaten since Friday evening. Not unexpectedly they were beat tired... and drunk as skunks. and all of them looked like they'd been in a mud wrestling contest. 100% just by chance, when we helped push 5 minutes after arriving, they got out. They were so happy they topped off our tanks from a 55 gallon drum in the back of their pickup and gave us a case of beer. I've never seen anyone as happy as they were to get out of their predicament. And we were never so happy to continue heading out before we had to turn around. // Last fall my wife and I stopped along a fire road for a late afternoon glass of wine. She was facing me and I was turned around facing her on my 800 Bomb Max. We were visiting when I whispered don't say a thing and don't move. Two moose walked by about six feet away. My heart was racing since a Moose is one of three North American Big Game Animals that will attack unprovoked ... the other two are?? (Grizzly and - not expecting this one - Buffalo.). They walked on by without so much as acknowledging us. Whew. Man, they are BIG.

·
Registered
235 Posts
:wub: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogthehunter @ Jan 17 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:yo_sup: I know I posted this picture a while back, but since you asked I came across this on the trail up in Wisconsin back in June[attachment=60993:DSCF1363.JPG][/b]
EVERYONE SAY " AWWWWWWWW'

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FRUITPORTCAT @ Jan 18 2007, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
:wub: <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dogthehunter @ Jan 17 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:yo_sup: I know I posted this picture a while back, but since you asked I came across this on the trail up in Wisconsin back in June[attachment=60993:DSCF1363.JPG][/b]
EVERYONE SAY " AWWWWWWWW'
[/b][/quote]

Awwwwwww :wub:

At our camp we have pretty well the same picture, unfortunatly not digital. Came across a new born fawn that could barely walk, it just layed in the tall grass along side of the road until we headed on our way then it staggarded into the woods.

Quite a few years ago while out riding in some unknown area came across this open spot on an old road that was filled with deer & moose bones and hides. Wasn't sure what to think at first but later found out it was a place where road kill was dumped.

One of the most interesting places I've been to that is just a plan act of nature is this one place called chimney rock. Its literally out in the middle of no where, just a rough 4-wheeler trail leading to it, pretty cool spot.
[attachment=61069:DSC00004.jpg]

And then there is this for an anti-theft devise :lol:
[attachment=61070:Argo.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts