Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i'm mostly intrested in the the f8's and what other peoples opinions are at this point in the season. mine is completely stock and runs very strong. the suspension is the best to date from arctic cat and with a little effort the handling is better then my f7 sp, i will be adding simmons skis this week to make it handle even better. i purchased the f8 lxr model for better trade value down the road. (hopefully) the speed and accelleration is right where i thought it would be. i can say at this point i'm very happy with the f8 and glad i did'nt spend the extra for the f1000. the top speed so far is 101mph with gps and that was'nt in good conditions.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
My machine is stock F8SP - no mods and I can hit 100 - 102 with gps. It gives me everything I want. I am also glad I didn't spend the extra $ for the F10. ...came from a SC7. I will never look back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got the F8 snopro TS and I love it. I haven't run it with a GPS so not sure what my speed is exactly but it will go by 100 mph pretty easily. I didn't like the snopro ride, it was a little stiff for me so I revalved it to soften the inital bump absorb.

My sled before this was a 2004 ZR 900 and I think this one would have given th 900 a run for it's money.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Best riding sled I've ever ridden. With the 14" track an no studs, I pulled 103mph before having to let off the gas. Am I impressed? Hell yeah!!! I'm leaving in two days for some more riding, and now have 170 studs in my track so I'm really looking forward to see how it pulls.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well here is how I see it. I just ran 335 mile this past weekend in the Mercer area. I am now close to 500 miles on the new F8LXR no mod's except studs and 8" Dooleys. I moved over from a 2004 SC 7 LXR ( 19 repairs and recalls). The new F8 handles like a slot racer, I no longer take corners in the point and shoot method like on my SC. This new cat is by far the best ride in the bussiness. I will say that my Sabercat was quicker off the line and got a head of steam much faster. I believe that is strictly a track width and weigth issue. I had the new F8 to 104 on the GPS and simply ran out of room.
The complaints so far are few and I hope they stay that way, I think this cat is a cold ride but just about all of todays new machines are, just ride a rev or new apex it is the same or even worse.

I have had this Cat back firer twice. however, both times I shut down when still over 2200 rpm. I do think this machine is set to lean as I am not burning near the oil that I did with the SC. I have checked the mpg twice and it is measuring 13.5 to 14 mpg thats 1 mpg better then my SC. The fuel gauge seems fairly accurate.
I have also been looking for the much mentioned melting issue and so far so good. I do think for the price and weight increase Cat could have provided a place for the belt and 4 plugs not to mention the belt guard is a pure pain to open. I cannot see justifying the F1000 $$$.

Bottom line I love it (so far)and if it has minimal issues and if we could get White stuff called snow then Cat would have hit a grand slam. They cannot get enough snow at this point to have any real impact on sales but they can make sure that the units coming of the line continue to have improved quality and there will be hope.

PRAY FOR SNOW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts