Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled the trigger today on buying two new machines for my boys. I bought a Lime Green 500 Auto, and a Red 400 Auto. I got a great deal from Kyle & Josh at Goldsboro Powersports in Goldsboro NC. Like I have said before everyone there is awesome, you couldn't ask for a better dealer.

I will pick up the new machines in another day when I get my V2 back after the brake line is replaced. Can't wait to have both my sons riding with me now as opposed to having to leave one home. I will get some pics up on Saturday when I get them home and of course some action pics on Sunday from Busco.

It wasn't even a real thought for me to consider any other dealer or machine. In my opinion many of the manufacturers products are fairly close so it was the guys at GPS that influenced my decision even more.

Ridin the Pride, family style! :super_happy:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Damn, thats awesome of you. I your family enjoys it as much as you do.

Bye the way, I am up for adoption!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Man that is great news for those boys.I wish ya'll miles of smiles and safe/ happy riding!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MRMREZG @ Feb 16 2007, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that's great. of course that also means that i've got some serious comp. for that worlds greatest dad award.[/b]

I like to think I am pretty good dad, love doing things with my boys. Got into paintball with them and have moved into ATV's, can't beat a day out bombing through the trails.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back from picking up the new machines, the boys are extremely happy. :super_happy: My 8'x two sled trailer barely fits them on there. Gotta take care of some things today and get ready for riding all day tomorrow at Busco. Here's some quick pic, forgive the slightly angled snorkle on my machine, still dealing with previous hidden snorkle mods that didn't allow me to get it perfectly vertical.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rugby3 @ Feb 17 2007, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just got back from picking up the new machines, the boys are extremely happy. :super_happy: My 8'x two sled trailer barely fits them on there. Gotta take care of some things today and get ready for riding all day tomorrow at Busco. Here's some quick pic, forgive the slightly angled snorkle on my machine, still dealing with previous hidden snorkle mods that didn't allow me to get it perfectly vertical.[/b]

CONGRADS.......You need to send that picture into cats pride...... :super_happy:

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well got a bunch of shopping done this afternoon and then got work on getting rid of the junk stock air inlet box and snorking both machines air and belt intakes. The 500 went smooth and quick, the 400 with solid plastics was a little tougher. Currently the stacks are a little high so I am going to cut them down by about 2" and get some P-traps to get a closer U on the top. Still have some other things to add to the snork pieces before it's complete but this will do for tomorrow riding. We have an outdoor cat that hangs around and he decided he was going to help on the snork project. The pride just keeps growing.

I do have a question, I never really paid attention to the fact that both of the machines belt exhaust comes up between the gas tank and the frame. I imagine this stock location will be fine as long as the motor is running.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My boys are 15 and 17, the machines handled well today, got just a few pics, most of them me getting stuck is some deep holes. I will run a new thread for those.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Great pics and some nice looking machines!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.