Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

THE CAT IS BACK!

Effective today, we will return the Arctic Cat brand to its historic place on all our powersports product lines, including our side-by-sides and ATVs. All MY2020 side-by-sides and ATVs will be branded Arctic Cat, and we will begin to promote the return of the brand to these product lines. We’ve heard loud and clear from passionate Arctic Cat fans and powersports enthusiasts that they wanted the Cat back on off-road vehicles, and we’re excited to make that happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Now that's great news!

·
Super Moderator
8,312 Posts
Makes sense.
It just sounds better to say I'm riding Arctic Cat.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

·
Administrator
35,442 Posts
Awesome

·
Administrator
35,442 Posts
Thanks! I’m not on face book. Lol

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
When they took it off, it reminded me of Ram trucks removing the DODGE from their trucks, equally stupid! It took many years to build the name/brand, then you change it....

·
Administrator
19,796 Posts
When they took it off, it reminded me of Ram trucks removing the DODGE from their trucks, equally stupid! It took many years to build the name/brand, then you change it....
Agreed, and also looking at it from the standpoint of having everything from them (except the Cat name on sleds) at work being branded as Textron (and NOW having to go back through everything and put Cat back on....

There’ll be an earful of complaining I’m sure.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
It sure seemed like an odd move at the time and sure did feed a lot of conspiracy theories. Textron off road seemed like such a bland, sanitary name. That and you are trying to capitalize on your AC following, I mean are there any die hard "Textron Heads" out there?

Anyway, I feel a bit better about the whole thing now. It would have been nice if AC could have stayed independent but lets just hope Textron keep the whole brand moving forward.

K

·
Registered
46 Posts
I mean im laid off but i run heavy equiptment moving dirt. I just want arctic cat to be strong. I grew up hanging out at the 2nd oldest cat dealer. My grandpa turned wrenches there when he "retired" from farming.

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Had I bought and atv/utv since the name change, I would have purchased an "ARCTIC CAT" decal and removed the textron one. I did see textron on a few nascar's last season. I dont watch all that much now-a-days so not sure if it was all season long or not. So far I think its the only downside of their purchase ( although i dont go to their corporate meetings ) I just want Cat to survive. Last week in the yooper, the sled numbers were kinda of low midweek. By my observation, ski-doo 55%/ Cat 38%/ polaris 2%/ Yam 5%
But you know, 5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
13 Participants
660driver
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing