Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Textron Off Road has just unveiled a pair of new electric UTVs – the Prowler EV and Prowler EV iS.

Textron has a history with electric vehicles, as it is the parent company of EZ-GO. EZ-GO produces a host of electric golf carts and personal vehicles, so a fully electric off-road vehicle is a natural fit.

The new Textron Prowler and Prowler iS each feature a 72V battery system with six 12V heavy-duty deep-cycle batteries. This is the same system found on the EZ-GO Freedom TXT 72-Volt– the most powerful vehicle in its lineup.

Check out the article here: Textron Off Road Introduces New Prowler EV Electric UTVs - ATV.com

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I'm so confused by their product placement. Do they understand the UTV market? Or are they just trying to create a new market segment?

Go riding.....?? Roll up to the bar, impress your friends in your modified golf cart.....

Am I missing something here?

Is it me or is there an extreme dork factor here?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
And it's only 1685 lbs.......

:kewl::kewl::kewl:

:racetrack::racetrack::racetrack:

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I don't think that's the issue. The Stampede is the work/play UTV now in the line up. Personally I don't like the look as much as the old Prowler or the extended cab.

The market for these electric 4x4 golf carts is big. Hunters, campgrounds, grounds maintenance, hobby farms

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I don't think that's the issue. The Stampede is the work/play UTV now in the line up. Personally I don't like the look as much as the old Prowler or the extended cab.

The market for these electric 4x4 golf carts is big. Hunters, campgrounds, grounds maintenance, hobby farms
I understand what you are saying.... If Textron is trying to define a new market segment, then maybe call it something other than a UTV? By trying to define it as a UTV, there comes certain consumer expectations.

I'm sure there's a small niche market out there for this thing. But I'm sorry, even as a diehard Cat guy, this thing makes me cringe.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
As a prowler owner I don't love that this has the prowler name on it.

What is a UTV is a good question. Apparently it ranges from modified electric golf cart TO gators and mules TO rangers & Rhinos TO $25000 can am Mavericks Turbos.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
What does it offer over the Stampede. Just keep the Prowler and slap in a 3 cylinder turbo diesel, I'll sign up.:grin Don't want to be 25 miles in the boondocks, towing out a moose on an electric golf cart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts