Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have an idea as to what the best Normally Closed tether switch to use. I currently use those cheap SPI, Parts Unlimited, Kimpex red rubber top tether switch and they are junk. A lot of intermittent high speed misses. If i run down the track pushing on the rubber cap, i can make it stop missing, the second i let go, it will interment miss. I have searched and can't find a decent tether switch, they are all the same. BTW, i even drove a tiny screw into the rubber knob inside the cap which helps some, but i think it's more of an internal electrical connection problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree about the tether switch and the screw only works til the switch decides it doesnt want to take it anymore. They are absolutely garbage for what they are.

·
Registered
115 Posts
26 views and nobody can comment?
Frustrating, right? Hands up looking for help. I had my dealer install em for our ZRs 3 yrs ago. Brand unknown-Desc. Red coil, rubber button, a screw in the base. It works ok still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
im wondering if maybe we can go away from ones branded for "snowmobiles" maybe go with the marine ones. I remember west marine having some nice ones that were universal. I may try one thats like that. Salvage the old ones connectors. See how that compares to the kimpex one i bought that is finicky brand new.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a few custom made ones, but they are handle bar mounted. I would like to stay with my dash mount.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need something more reliable. It comes down to winning or losing. Lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Try some other sources Like MPS in States. I use some of their stuff on my Drag Race Bikes. I find Snowmobile stuff to be quite Poor in Quality guess its all made in China now and assembled in States. Too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, good or bad, I found a new OEM Arctic cat tether. I'm hoping that will be better than the aftermarket ones i have been struggling with. I'll get it in this week and try it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts