Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice. Friend and I ride a 97 and 00. We ride them pretty hard, your video would be what we consider a groomed trail. Those cats arent great in the sand, but put them in the woods and nothing can stop them. Low center of gravity, straight rear axle, decently lightweight, good clearance, and easy/cheap to maintain. AC was still experimenting a bit back then. These old machines are overbuilt structurally as well. Mods are hard to find though. Gotta invent your own and find someone who knows how to fabricate stuff.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Friend and I ride a 97 and 00. We ride them pretty hard, your video would be what we consider a groomed trail. Those cats arent great in the sand, but put them in the woods and nothing can stop them. Low center of gravity, straight rear axle, decently lightweight, good clearance, and easy/cheap to maintain. AC was still experimenting a bit back then. These old machines are overbuilt structurally as well. Mods are hard to find though. Gotta invent your own and find someone who knows how to fabricate stuff.
There's way more challenging trails but its hard to get into some of them during the spring/summer. That's what a normal 30min-an hour ride from the back door is like but I'll film one of the long rides one of these days. I would definitely have an overbuilt quad than an underbuilt one Rockerdude

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man I wish I had a place like that to ride right outside my back door! That is awesome.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I wish I had a place like that to ride right outside my back door! That is awesome.
We have 160 acres of our own that backs up to 3000-4000 that nobody lives on and we have permission from the property owners to ride. Just wish it hadn't been torn up by some out of towners that found out about the road with 40 inch boggers and now most of the holes are too rutted and deep for the stock ATVs bang your head

1 - 8 of 8 Posts