Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, so i have looked and siliconed and sealed and i just don't get it!

i have 2in coming from the airbox all the way up thru the speaker box to the top of the snork and it is taking on a small amount of water from SOMWHERE. all the PVC was sealed with PVC quick set glue and both the drain ******* are plugged with RTV black silicone. so where is the water coming from?

it's never take on enough to harm the motor or milk it persay, but i first noticed it when i was doing a water wheelie about seat deep and when i came down, the motor hickuped. i pulled the rear most drain nipple to find about a shot glass or two worth of water was in the air box. i am at a loss as to where the water is getting in...

i have went over all the pvc fittings with rtv clear silicone and looked and i just cant see where it's getting in.

any suggestions of leak testing it? i was considering plugging the throttle body and hooking up an air compressor to the top of the snork and putting about 20 psi to it.? I dunno

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Is it coming from the seal around the air cleaner lid?????? pressure testing it would be the best way of testing it, but not sure how to

·
Registered
189 Posts
Around the air cleaner lid would be my first guess too. I would try and put some of your RTV black silicone with the seal.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it sure is... after i posted that i went out and plugged the intake snork and realized it was leaking enough air to still idle!!!!!!!!!!!! so i ducktaped the snork closed and went to feeling and listening around... sure was the lid! i mean bad right near the bottom of the lid.. with the bike idleing it would suck plenty of air to keep running then i could ever so gently put one finger below the bottom wingnut and it would seal up and kill the bike! looks like i know what i have to do.. two words.. weather stripping!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
mikeyslap

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just found the same problem with my bike.I covered the snorkal and it was leaking around the cover and around the drain tit lip.Time to rig up a gasket and seal the **** 100%

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah no kidding.. i siliconed it up but that is just a temp fix.. till i can make some sort of foam gasket that will let me take the filter off with ease...

damn bike still isnt running right tho... thought it was water in fuel again, but it just doesnt wanna idle or rev. shoud have got the H1 i guess :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts