Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took my sled out finally. It has more garage time then trail riding

Just waiting on the right clutch spring to come in. It’s running at 7000rpm and I need 7500. 02 zr 800/900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk FastCat123$&.6doozr9000

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks , just trying to the most of the the snow fall . We don’t much here in upper IL

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
looks great

wouldnt less weight in the primary give you the rpm you want?

you can move your 2ndry spring in the holes to get an extra 200 -400 rpm maybe

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was a good breaking in and testing year for the sled ,had a hard time getting the sled loaded up on the puck up truck . It’s seems the years just sitting in one spot on the garage floor the sled was stuck to the floor and felt like she didn’t want to be loaded up onto the truck. Had to calm her down a bit with some fresh gas and she jump right up.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really didn’t keep track of mile I put on the sled but I guess around 180 miles . 95 miles I put on on the sled and the remaining miles where put on from the ghost riders. Ghost riders are when your done riding for the day or night and you reset your trip gauge and take down the total miles on the sled and you come back out to do some more riding and testing where I have my sled stored at. And you find the gas is on empty and about 45 more miles where put on it. Learn a little about clutching

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have some clutch alignment issues and trying to set my clutching and rpm to my exhaust pipe. Running D&D y-pipe and D&D single pipe. Called them and I think they said 7.400 to 7.600 rpm. I could be off. Went threw a few new belts and ghost rider worn one belt down real good. Spent to much money on weight kits and springs that will just sit on the bench doing nothing. Dalton adjustable weights kit .won’t fit a #6 tower fixed big pin clutch off a 04 zr 900 .

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold my pick up truck this spring time. Can’t have a pick up or van in your driveway where I live. So it just sat on the farm in Harvard IL. It takes about 15 miles on trail and then your in wis on the trails. Just need trail pass . I would of like to go up further into wis . But riding alone isn’t safe. A few guys I go out with don’t get home from work until 5:00 or so . And I am a 1hr 20min away from them. I going to get very small trailer for my CRV to tow.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I really didn’t keep track of mile I put on the sled but I guess around 180 miles . 95 miles I put on on the sled and the remaining miles where put on from the ghost riders. Ghost riders are when your done riding for the day or night and you reset your trip gauge and take down the total miles on the sled and you come back out to do some more riding and testing where I have my sled stored at. And you find the gas is on empty and about 45 more miles where put on it.
So 180 plus another 45, so we are at about 225 lets call it 300 miles since you bought it in 2018, three years ago, and been working on it since then. I guess thats not too bad

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
well on our 2 up sled we only put 69 miles on it with the poor snow this winter.
2 of the 900's got less than 300 miles ridden each.

2 sleds did not get ridden at all.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I have 6 sleds. I got a whopping 192 miles total between 3 sleds. The others never got driven from lack of snow fall and other issues, mechainical, family, weather, etc....As much as I tried, it doesn't always work out. The trails were open 3 1/2 weeks this year. The last 2 years a grand total of 14 days each year! Sometimes I wonder why I own sleds.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That’s right . I am in no hurry. Somethings get better with time. Sleds ran good but I can see where I might have to put some kind of traction on it. Clutch alignment is off. I will be fixing that next. This should be interesting on people’s opinion.

Found these in my pile of extra parts.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.