Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 arctic cat 400 4x4. The light for the temperature just started coming on and does go off at times, and sometimes does not come on. The unit usually stored I side, but the last few weeks has had to sit out and it has been rainy. Never had trouble before that and the cooling fan comes on fine and the coolant looks clean and has good color and viscosity. Help o am at a loss as to what is wrong.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My temp light on my old '01 300 would come on after it sat out in the rain and would go away after it dried out. The odd thing was that it never happened going through puddles. There's a connector for that light cluster under the handlebars that's not sealed allowing water to sit in there and will allow spurious voltage to light up random lights. You could pull it all apart and fill it with dielectric grease or leave it alone.

If it's not overheating then I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just noticed that the light also will only come on when my headlights are on. Seems to me that the water may have gotten in there and is causing the problem. I am going to let it dry out a few days and see what it does. Thanks for the help

·
Administrator
37,499 Posts
You posted this in atv repair manuals.
I’ve moved it to the correct forum for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts