Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Wes has one on his Purple Passion ( :tongue_nana: ) but who else has experience with these products on their ZR? I'd like to hear your opinions on either one. Or, if you have a comment on them but don't own one thats fine too.

I'm thinking about a Tempa-Flow, just because I don't see much change in altitude and it's a "set it and forget it" kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Sorry I can't speak from experience... I don't have one.

But I will say that over all the years, I've only heard good. Never a bad story, it seems like one of the rare 100% success stories for aftermarket add-ons that offer improvement value that exceeds purchase cost. Not many add-ons actually pay for themselves these days (fuel savings).

Yes, I know... Performance through spot-on jetting is probably the target though.

I'm considering one too. I might opt for the ATACC though, because I have trailered to higher altitude areas sometimes, and might do it again.

The TempaFlow may be up to the job around here, the most my GPS has ever recorded was 1400' elevation extreme.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Barry should be paying Wes for all the good he's had to say about his Tempa-Flow. I know he is pretty stoked about that product from his comments and often as he recommends it. We'll see who else is now too...I hope.

I've heard guys gripe about the Vari-Flow and burndowns etc. Haven't read much about the ATACC at all. I emailed Holtzmann asking for a copy of that article he had in Snow Tech years ago. I'd really like to read that again right now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just ordered a Vari-flow from Royal i have to pick up tomorrow for the T-cat

I saw a post on HCS about both the Vari and Tempa flows and read up on them and again no bad reviews on ether.

I was split on which one to get and im a fan of tuning cars so a user adjustable Vari-flow was the one i choose for that reason.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have used the Tempa Flow for two years on a 2000 zr 600 and then on my 2002 I installed an ATAC unit.

They both worked GREAT!!! I had milage as high as 14 mpg trail riding with my 2000.

On my 02 using the ATAC, I left Fargo ND (~900ft elev.) and went to the Bighorns riding. I DIDN'T TOUCH A THING ON THE CARBS!!!! The sled ran FLAWLESSLY!!!! Better than EFI IMO!!!

The only downfall of the ATAC is that you have to wait for cold and high barameter to complete the install to take full advantage of the unit. It uses a reference pressure that the user sets by installing a little blue hose on the day of your choice.

I would definately recomend any of Holtzmans products!!! Great support too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a Tempa-Flow on order with Royal Distibuting too. All the reviews I've read about them seemed to be positive so I figured I'd give it a try.

Aaron

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Dec 31 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've heard guys gripe about the Vari-Flow and burndowns etc. Haven't read much about the ATACC at all.[/b]
The guys who burned down probably forgot to turn the dial. The Vair-Flow is a manual system and you HAVE to adjust it th esame way you have to change jets. Operator error???? I love the Tempa-Flow because it is automatic, however, I think Barry lost my address. D'Oh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts