Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a tempa flow for my sno pro, looked at the directions and wow. am i just looking at it complicated or is there nothing to it, i read drilling the carb slides and wow. can somebody give me a boost of confidence and maybe dumb it down for me. havn't looked really close at it but the cost was 239 and i see 3 hoses, and a few plastic pieces. need help

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not as difficult as it appears. Read the directions several time through till you completely understand it BEFORE you touch a thing.

·
Registered
312 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (z440snopro @ Jan 5 2007, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
cost was 239 and i see 3 hoses, and a few plastic pieces. need help[/b]
LOL i hear ya man

i have the Vari-Flow by holtzman and i thought the same thing bang your head

However i have the fancy machined adjuster knob extra to show for my $$$

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yah i got no dial, but my came with tie wrapes and hose clamps :tongue_nana:, ur did prob too but...i should read this a few hundred times

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ya i have yet to install mine yet also, all i got mounted was the adjuster knob by the pull cord.

no real rush i guess as i could almost go cut the lawn today its so warm with zero snow

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yah i hear ya, we don't habve much for snow either, some but not lots. the tempature is so screwy no, goin from cold to -1, i've had enough and bought this tempa flow. the only part that confuses me is the Outside venting air box and the Venting air box only. the copmpensator goes in my air box right. and i have two hoses coming out from my air box, the compensator and the vent tube from the carbs??

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the tempa flow needs a vacuum from one of the carbs, so instructions say drill a hole in the slide cap and through the slide itself to get the vacuum from the venturi. however my carbs have a inlet that leads into the end of the venturi right beside the intake boot, which has a plug on it to cap it off, this is on both carbs, can i run my vacuum for the Tempa Flow through this vacuum. the inlet is smaller than the one supplied with the kit how ever, its the size of the inlets for the float bowl vents.not too fond of drilling through my slide and cap seeing i have UFO'S, and theres not much room on the top of my slide cap to drill...wat to do??

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
I have installed a lot of them.

You need to use the vacuum nipple supplied, you won't get enough vacuum through the smaller one
for it to operate.

3/4 0f the Tempaflow is inside the airbox and a 1/4 of it is out side.

First you drill a hole in the air box in the front over the top of the pto carb that is a tight fit for the turned down part of the Tempa flow to stick out of the air box. (The turned down end has the white flat head in the end)Then you drill a hole in the back of the airbox at the back of the air box where the front of the gas tank meets with the air box.

Then you take the white plastic nipple that came in the kit and stick that in the back airbox hole by the gas tank, cut a piece of the big hose and run it from the white nipple to the end of the Tempaflow with out the turned down end (this connection is inside of the airbox)

About 2 inches toward the mag carb drill a 1/4 inch hole right along side of the hole you drilled on the front of the airbox.

Take and tee off all your small vent hoses on the carbs with the tee's in the kit and leave one extra outlet on the tee, Run a piece of the small tubing from the open outlet of the tee that you left through the 1/4 inch hole in the airbox to the small brass nipple on the side of the Tempaflow.

Now you need the vacuum, take and drill a hole on the pto carb like it says in the D' structions for the carb you are running.

Take and cut about a 1.5 inch piece of the large hose that came in the kit, Push the Tempaflow toward the front of the airbox and push the large 1.5 inch hose over the turned down end of the Tempaflow, then take the black plastic reducer that came in the kit and put that in the other end of the 1.5 inch piece of hose you put on it.

Now you need to get the medium size hose out of the kit and run it from the black reducer to the spot where you got the vaccum on the pto carb.

Jet it for -20 degrees and lower the clip on the needle's one setting and you will be good to go.

Use the supplied tie wraps as hose clamps over all the hose connections.

Below is a picture of the one that I hooked up on my 900

My reducer is white as it is a older kit

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now i'm right lost because i thought i wasn't suppose to run my compensator in the air box seeing that the vent lines from the carbs didn't go in the airbox. so i just have to drill the hole in my slide cap and through my slide?? the whole drilling scares me cuase once the hole is there, there's no going back.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
okay i can live with that, my carbs have a big flat spot on the left side of them, where does the hole go, medium way up, top, or bottom by the float bowl flange??

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
There is a pink sheet in the instructions that shows pictures on where you are to put it on each type of carb

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mikuni VM Roundslide: Install the vacuum source fitting in a slide chamber cover located to avoid the slide spring and throttle cable. A air passage atleast as large as a 5/32" diameter hole must exist through the slide and cable retaining washer in any poosible orientation. Modify as necessary, ARCTIC CAT with MAGNET BLOCK, (mine) drill a 5/32" hole through block and slide using the off-center hole in the block as a guide, remove the block and drill a 5/32" horizontal hole through the blocks edge into the off center hole, and grind a 1/8" deep x 3/4" long flat on the washer's edge. (No Picture) The slide chamber cover and the magnet block i understand, but I get lost at the horizontal hole and grinding....?? any ideas

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll try to get a couple pics of how I did mine...I believe its the same sled '00 Z snopro? if so let me know and I'll get them up.

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
On a round slide carb you put the vacuum where I have it circled.
The smaller end of the carb goes to the engine and the larger end goes in the airbox.

You tap into the carb on the left side of it as if you are sitting on the sled for the vacuum

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exactly..no mod to the slide at all...plus the carb is thicker there and the vacuum fitting does not protrude into the bore at all...drilled it so it was a very snug fit the applied a tad of glue and let it sit for about an hour as I hooked everything else up...all my vents are T-d together and everything else is basically in the airbox...the compensator is mounted to the top of the airbox and allows me access to the adjustments screw if the need arises.

[attachment=60128:DSCN0989.JPG]
[attachment=60127:DSCN0991.JPG]
[attachment=60125:DSCN0987.JPG]
[attachment=60126:DSCN0990.JPG]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts