Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a glow shift automotive digital temp. gauge on my T660. The sending unit is 1/8 npt thread. There is a quarter inch hole not drilled through the thermostat housing. It is opposite the stock sending unit. Can I drill and tap the extra hole in the thermostat neck? I was wondering if anyone has done this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is where I install my sending units. to get the best performace out of your gauges reaction to temp change you should bore the mounting surface down so the tip of the sending unit will make into the liquid flow area of the thermostat housing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks when I get my gauges i will be able to tell how long the sending units are and how much iwill have to bore the hole.do you use any sealent or teflon tape onthe threads

·
Registered
45 Posts
The sending units i have used have a fiber washer to seal and do not recommend sealant. check with your gauges instrutions to see there recommendations. Some gauges I have seen use the mounting surface as a ground and sealer can hamper that and may not work properly. Just a thought to be aware of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info on the sealent. Arctic cat has a temp gauge but they are $90.00 and i need two as i want to install one on my wifes 2006 turbo touring as well as my 2007. The ones i ordered from glow shift are $50.00 each and are red digital and read from 68-302 degrees just try to save a dollar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts