Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'll install the 36 deg helix and 694/63 clutch weights (per underhood chart). I am also installing 144's. Anyone have any other advice? Oil pumps seem to be set rich also which is a well visited topic (still have not figured my actual ratio). We will be at Bear Lodge from March 17 to the 24th if anyone else is going!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may be wasting your time with your set up. Changing the track I would think would require a clutch change however this time of year the snow will set up from the warmer conditions and you should be able to go anywhere. I just got back from out west and I no longer do anything to my sleds, I also took a pair of 600 crossfires.

·
Registered
547 Posts
A flatlander in the mountains will be just fine with a completely stock sled. Don't wrench, just ride the damn thing and enjoy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply fellas! This will be my 6th trip west and I'll never go without at least a 144 again. There is plenty of deep snow this time of year typically if you know where to go (or have local friends!). If anyone has location specific info (Bear Lodge, N. Horns) on what they used for clutching, I'd appreciate it. Hate to take my 1st 2 Cats and have them perform poorly compared to the many Poos and Doos I've had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts