Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sucked. Glove got caught behind brake lever, low speed impact dead center. Took out my bumper and all of my front plastics. Ordered all new plastics from country cat, got delivered last night. Is this a straight forward swap? Do I need to remove the headlight/windshield/gauge assembly in order to change the hood/center panels? Also ordered a new airbox, since that shattered into a million pieces. If anyone has any tips LMK.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, got everything swapped. Turned out to be more involved than I thought, as the airbox had seperated. This necessitated removing the exhaust, ecu, frame brace, throttle bodies. I then repaired the airbox, only to find the opening on the front of the bulkhead slightly tweaked. After hammering on it with a pipe for an hour without luck, I disassembled a floor jack (removed teh wheels), shoved her in there with some blocks of wood, and hit the bent side with a torch while applying pressure with the jack. Fell more or less back into place, reassembled everything, and went for a test ride yesterday. It's an amazing sled, cannot believe how powerful it is, and how well it rides.

Bad news: ****ing clutch/left side panel flew off at some point. I retraced my steps like 3x looking for it. Gone. Another $400 to replace it. FML.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts