Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a vid of my bone stock T-Cat with AIRDAMS 1-5 Clutching. As you will see on the vid

it would of went alot faster than 100 mph...if the limiter had not kicked in. I haven't had the

chance to try it on the road as we've been having snow for the last couple of days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ut5oJiWWTE

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
X2! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Guess i am going to have to send mine off too cause damn that would be fun to try out, but i am still worried about any side effects from such a steriod injection.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
its nice but still that is just a bike up on blocks

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leroycool1 @ Dec 21 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its nice but still that is just a bike up on blocks[/b]

True but without the clutching work it would not go any faster than 83 mph on blocks.

I should be able to go about 85-90 mph on a flat piece of road.

·
Registered
923 Posts
yeah the gearing gives you the top speed. the rev limiter is what limits you. by allowing the belt to run all the way to the top of the primary and all the way to the base of the secondary you get the overgearing effect and the increased top speed. sure this bike is off the ground, but he'll hit 95 on flat ground guaranteed. i have had quite a few stock T-cats to 94-95 a heavily modded T-cat can reach the rev limiter and do 100. a heavuily modded T-cat with no rev limiter and my stage 5 clutching will bury the needle past 110.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
That last statement is deserving of a lil Jon quote "WHAT,,,, OKAY!!!!"

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (leroycool1 @ Dec 21 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
its nice but still that is just a bike up on blocks[/b]
That's what I'm thinking, A person can gear a 10 speed bicycle to do 100-110 on blocks. Without enough power the more top end gearing won't add a thing. It will be interesting to see if it adds any speed on the road.

At my altitude where I'm loosing about 18% of my hp due to thinner air, I doubt if i could gain any speed with increased top end gearing. I start running out of power at about 77-78 and takes a while to push it on up to 82. When I add my rear cargo box the extra wind load will cause me to top out at about 72-75 due to the extra drag. I'd need a downhill slope or a strong tail wind to hit 82 with the box on.

·
Registered
923 Posts
i understand with altitudes and wind resistance there are all sorts of different factors that slow you down. and just like you said you have a hard time getting to 80 as it is and you are right, you may not be able to get any gains from teh higher gearing the clutching gives you, but for him, at almost sea level, and with no issues getting to the factory limited 83mph, i dont forsee him having any issues getting mid 90s. i have already had a stock t-cat to 94-95, and a prowler 1000 to 94. once the gearing is there, all you gotta do is figure out how to make the bike use it. most of the time it takes a few gram heavier roller. but the gearing is there. it is up to the engine to pull you there and i dont doubt canamk a bit. i believe he will be doing 90+ the first chance he gets.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Interesting! Lets try it on the road (track) and see. The potential is there I think. I so want my T Cat to KILL my brothers 800 Outie :eek:)

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy @ Dec 22 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Interesting! Lets try it on the road (track) and see. The potential is there I think. I so want my T Cat to KILL my brothers 800 Outie :eek:)[/b]

Hey Jimmy...My T-Cat kills the 800 Outty and that was before AIRDAM.

I know I have both.

·
Registered
70 Posts
well im scared want do it any more haha, but i called adam couple of days ago to tell him i bured the speedo past 110 on pavement, and i dont have limiters,do have arcticcat race ecm, take in count the speedo probabally isnt right at that speed shound be at least 105+,

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (notso42 @ Dec 22 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well im scared want do it any more haha, but i called adam couple of days ago to tell him i bured the speedo past 110 on pavement, and i dont have limiters,do have arcticcat race ecm, take in count the speedo probabally isnt right at that speed shound be at least 105+,[/b]

42 If you don't mind me asking...How did you get rid of your liniters and where did you get the

AC race ecm ?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Thanks CanamK, My brother also has an 06 like yours and it IS impressive. Better than any other year 800. He has had clutch kits installed and also runs a pipe outside of hunting season. We haven't been able to line em up yet and I don't see it happening in the fore-seeable future, sleddin time :) But that doesn't keep him from braggin around to everyone that HE has the fastest Quad in Bancroft. All they ask is; HAVE YOU RACED YOUR BROTHER YET? It should be fun. I hope you get out someplace soon too see what your bike does on it's wheels, I'M SO EXCITED! Have a good Christmas bud if I don't get to yackin at you again> :wheelie:

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy @ Dec 23 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks CanamK, My brother also has an 06 like yours and it IS impressive. Better than any other year 800. He has had clutch kits installed and also runs a pipe outside of hunting season. We haven't been able to line em up yet and I don't see it happening in the fore-seeable future, sleddin time :) But that doesn't keep him from braggin around to everyone that HE has the fastest Quad in Bancroft. All they ask is; HAVE YOU RACED YOUR BROTHER YET? It should be fun. I hope you get out someplace soon too see what your bike does on it's wheels, I'M SO EXCITED! Have a good Christmas bud if I don't get to yackin at you again> :wheelie:[/b]

Thanks Jimmy...And the same to you my friend Happy Holidays...I so want to go try this baby

out on topend but with snow and ice on the roads make it impossible...In another 2 weeks

or so the lakes will be frozen also so I'll be trying it either way...I'll post a vid of the speedo

you can be sure of that.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (canam k @ Dec 23 2009, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimmy @ Dec 23 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks CanamK, My brother also has an 06 like yours and it IS impressive. Better than any other year 800. He has had clutch kits installed and also runs a pipe outside of hunting season. We haven't been able to line em up yet and I don't see it happening in the fore-seeable future, sleddin time :) But that doesn't keep him from braggin around to everyone that HE has the fastest Quad in Bancroft. All they ask is; HAVE YOU RACED YOUR BROTHER YET? It should be fun. I hope you get out someplace soon too see what your bike does on it's wheels, I'M SO EXCITED! Have a good Christmas bud if I don't get to yackin at you again> :wheelie:[/b]
Thanks Jimmy...And the same to you my friend Happy Holidays...I so want to go try this baby

out on topend but with snow and ice on the roads make it impossible...In another 2 weeks

or so the lakes will be frozen also so I'll be trying it either way...I'll post a vid of the speedo

you can be sure of that.
[/b][/quote]

Make sure your life insurance policy is paid up. And you could make all of us here on Arctic Chat the beneficiary. <grin> Have fun, good luck and stay safe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts