Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to ride a 97 ZRT-800 with ported D&D 900 cylinders D&D trail pipes, clutch kit, a few other tricks.... Not worthy:

The sled ran very well, however I have this nieghor who has a STOCK ZR-800. Im sure he has played with a few things. Carbs are bored, clutch kit. Who knows what else. I could never ever beat him. My ski tips are always at his back bumper. He doesn't pull on me but I could never beat him.

So this year I bought a 01 T-Cat. BlackMagic Trail pipes, BM clutch kit. Mild trail port. 2 deg. advance key way. Power breather.

So yesturday we ran in the 100 mile an hour field. Its a big huge grass field with a nice hard packed 10 inches of snow. I thought perfect....Well....Geuss what.... bang your head bang your head bang your head

EXACT SAME RESULTS!!!!! My skis are at his back bumper..... :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
Are you sure he has a 800 and not a 1010??????? Something is wrong somewhere, you shouldnt haft to but take him to a field twice as big. I dont think he is telling you everything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
he has some kind of stealth kit, I have a stealth kit in every sled i owned. Theres nothing like leaving sombudy scartching his head wondering what just happend

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this guy very well. I was with him when he picked up the sled from a local dealer. It has been this fast since Brand New.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Give use some more info on your set up. The TCAT needs to have
the hell clutched out of it, and rear suspension tuning is a must. :stop_nono:
He should be at your back end not vice versa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts