Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i JUST PURCHASED A LEFTOVER 660 TURBO ST 2005 MODEL YEAR. i HAVE CLOSE TO 600 MILES ON IT AND AROUND 400 IT STARTED A NOISE THATS EVIDENT UPON SLOW SPEED BRAKING ONLY. WHEN STOPPING FROM A SPEED UNDER 20 MPH A CLACKING NOISE CAN BE HEARD AND SOME PULSATION IN THE BRAKE LEVER IS FELT. I AM AN AUTO MECHANIC SO I FEEL IM QUALIFIED TO COVER EVREYTHING HERE AND IM LOOKING TO SEE IF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM. MY NEAREST DEALER IS 60 MILES AWAY AND ALWAYS BACKED UP SO IM HOPING TO CORRECT THIS BEFORE MY NEXT TRIP. i HAVE REPLACED THE BELT, ADJUSTED THE TRACK, THAWED ALL THE ICE FROM UNDER, ETC. IT DOES MAKE THE NOISE ON A JACK STAND AND APPEARS TO BE FROM THE CHAIN CASE OR CALIPER AREA. IT HAS A GOOFY HYDRULYIC LOOKING TENSIONER ON THE CHAINCASE AND I SUSPECT THIS MAY BE THE PROBLEM NOT HOLDING THE TENSION?? REMEMBER, IT ONLY MAKES THE NOISE WHILE BRAKING!! ANY HELP BEFORE I GO 120 MILES ROUND TRIP TO THE DEALER [ALL OUT OF BUISNESSS IN OUR AREA] AND BE WITH OUT MY SLED THE REST OF THE WINTER, WOULD BE GREAT

·
Registered
609 Posts
Possibly hot spotted the rotor? I haven't had this happen on any of my cats but it did happen to a friends doo.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's the clutch's, there was a write up in one on the sled mags asking cat questions. no solutions at this time was the reply. I notice it more on the two up than my St though not sure why, maybe different riding habits?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts