Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
non syn unless you like spending money
True dat. I've run plain old Castrol 2 stoke snowmobile oil in the ZRT since it was new. Never had an oil related issue. A lot of people believe in only Amsoil or High performance this and that and that's fine if It gives them peace of mind, it's their money after all. I've just never seen a need for it nor will I be convinced otherwise based on my experience.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
I run Amsoil intercepter but thats because I can get it at the local oreilly auto parts.

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
I prefer baby oil.

I just don't like that it takes so much effort to squeeze it out of the babies....

·
Registered
976 Posts
For what it's worth, I looked into the Mystic JT-4 full synthetic. Specs are good and the price is right.

In addition, the specs for JT-4 Full Synthetic labeled for PWC, and labeled Snowmobile, are exactly the same. Only the price is different.

In the winter, the JT-4 PWC is $19.99/gal at Fleet Farm. JT-4 Snowmobile is $28.99/gal. In the summer, the prices switch. Imagine that!

I've been running the Mystic JT-4 Full Synthetic(PWC) for a solid 3 seasons now. Seems to be the best value, for full synthetic, out there.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
As an honest answer to the original poster:

Use whatever makes you comfortable. That sled in question was designed to use a regular 2 stroke lubricant. Since it doesn't have power valves, a synthetic oil is overkill- but certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

This is assuming that the sled is stock....

My girlfriend rides a fan cooled sled. I run Klotz synthetic in it NOT because of that engine needs it. But because it burns cleaner and doesn't smell as bad.

·
5,963 Posts
As an honest answer to the original poster:

Use whatever makes you comfortable. That sled in question was designed to use a regular 2 stroke lubricant. Since it doesn't have power valves, a synthetic oil is overkill- but certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

This is assuming that the sled is stock....

My girlfriend rides a fan cooled sled. I run Klotz synthetic in it NOT because of that engine needs it. But because it burns cleaner and doesn't smell as bad.
You are inferring that you are Always In front of her. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the answers.i think i will use synthetic in the 96 its not stock.not sure whats done but the guy i bought it from said it has had some work done.i know the clutches arent stock,kicks in around 4500.thing goes like a rocket.the 97 is stock so no synthetic for that one

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I have been running the Mystic JT-4 full synthetic for several years now in everything I own. I buy it at Farm and Fleet for around $20/gallon. That is cheaper than most non synthetic oils. Not worth having to stock different oil for different sleds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have been running the Mystic JT-4 full synthetic for several years now in everything I own. I buy it at Farm and Fleet for around $20/gallon. That is cheaper than most non synthetic oils. Not worth having to stock different oil for different sleds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
You're running it in sleds with power valves too? I need to figure out what oil I'm going to use in the 02 zr500 cce. I think the AC apv oil is around $50 per gallon in these parts. Maybe more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.