Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on the Swisher 60" plow VS the Cycle Country 60". I'm initally limiting this to Swisher and Cycle Country because they are the two that I am currently considering. Others can be added if there is a good product that should be included.

I know this is the wrong season to be shopping for a plow, but it should be a good time to get opinions fresh from a season of plowing.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I have an AC plow and love it

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I have a 62" Swisher. I like the articulating blade and the fact it's steel. The weight keeps the blade from riding up and it gets under packed snow a lot better. The thing I don't like is the way it mounts up to the ATV. It has a long channel brace that runs along the underside of the quad and mounts up to your receiver hitch. The front mounts up to your A-arms. It hangs down WAY low...like not even 6". Worthless design. I use my ATV for ice fishing, so taking that on/off is a huge PITA. I'm trying to sell mine so I can get a Cat plow.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I like my arctic cat plow.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobCat @ Apr 2 2007, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have an AC plow and love it[/b]
+1

I really like my AC plow as well. I like the fact that it is plastic and lighter, plastic will not dent or rust so it should look good for a long time. I have found adjusting the angle of attack on the blade the key to keeping the plow down. My plow never floats up, in fact at times it digs too deep tearing up the gravel.

I find the mounting system very fast and easy. The only change I might make is to slot the front hole of the bracket that bolts to the frame. Then when the plow is off you could just loosen the bolts and rotate the bracket up and get back your ground clearance very quickly, without having to remove it completely.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I have the Rocky Mountian City Slicker 60"... WORKS GREAT !!! Wouldn't trade it for anything... yet...

Didin't like the Swisher... took too long to hook up, and then lost some GC when I didn't have to plow and had this heavy huge frame under the Atv...

For sale Swisher plow mount you pay shipping!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have a moose plow and like it, but i don't like the mid mount setup. The moose is a heavy steel plow, works good for snow, dirt, and gravel.

Sanny, before you ditch the plow how about making a different mount for the front? I am planning on changing my plow to mount in the reciever and pivot up front like the swisher, but instead of using the spring to locate it I was going to weld a ~12" wide plate on and then run crossed chains with turn buckles up to the D rings on the winch plate to locate it. Should be easy to remove, high ground clearance, and high lift. I had made a plate that mounts to the frame below the winch plate with two pivots on it, but found that when I hit a hard spot in the snow it would raise the front of the wheeler up, so that's why I'm going to try this.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have a cycle country vee plow on my 400. I have used it for four years and it still looks new :thumbsup: I lost very little ground clearance with it as well. Speaking of high lift, I can lift the 72" tusk plow on my prowler high enough to where the lights shine underneath it. :super_happy: When your done plowing dont forget to :beer_cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts