Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined a private club this week to get some more riding in here in Western MASS. and finally got a chance to test my swaybar install. I have to say its positively the best mod I've done to my 06 V2 and without a doubt makes my cat stable and a pleasure to ride. No more tippy feelings , and I don't feel any negative feelings using it . The ride still feels smooth and even when I got in an awkward position the atv gave a way more stable feeling as I drove through the rocks. If there is a loss in suspension travel I sure didn't notice it . I sure did notice the more stable secure feeling I had which out weights any suspension limits it provides. I say a big thums up, as a matter of fact I put one on my 06 400 fis .

·
Registered
424 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catmandooo @ Dec 29 2006, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Joined a private club this week to get some more riding in here in Western MASS. and finally got a chance to test my swaybar install. I have to say its positively the best mod I've done to my 06 V2 and without a doubt makes my cat stable and a pleasure to ride. No more tippy feelings , and I don't feel any negative feelings using it . The ride still feels smooth and even when I got in an awkward position the atv gave a way more stable feeling as I drove through the rocks. If there a loss in suspension travel I sure didn't notice it . I sure did notice the more stable secure feeling I had which out weights any suspension limits it provides. I say a big thums up, as a matter of fact I put one on my 06 400 fis .[/b]
Rockerdude Told You So Rockerdude
[attachment=59121:supershonk.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was it a front or rear stabilizer? I have a 400 and would be interested to hear your feedback after you ride your 400 with the stabilizer.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same feeling on the 06 400fis as the swaybars are the same part for arctic cat fis atv's. It installed identically on my 400 and feels the same . This swaybar is for the rear of the atv.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also installed the sway bar on my 06 650V2. I will echo the above comments. About 90% of the front end "roll over" in turns is eliminated, the remainder can be removed with a replacement set of tires. The machine is SOOOOOO much better all around and unlike many "improvement" this one actually works.

Be advised, you do lose a little articulation so if you ride a lot of technical stuff and/or rocks, you may not like this addition, but other wise I have nothing but good things to say about it.

The instructions that are included are pretty grim, so if you are not blessed with common sense, good mechanical ability, and are not able to make sense out of fuzzy, non-helpful pictures, you'll want some help (and a six-pac).

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As with any mod there will always be some that won't like it but I would say 80-90 % of all who install the swaybar will be pleased, actually I believe that % is more like 98 %. I really like the feel goosing it around corners and maybe its my imagination but it seems to pull the fronts up easier not that I'm into popping wheelies.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anyone thought about or seen a quick disconnect for it? So that all you have to do is pull two pins and you have your articulation back, I've seen it on alot of Jeeps and other trail vehicles.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It would be easy to remove a few bolts to accomplish this but the bar itself would probably swing down and may cause issues, of course I haven't tried it but its a thought. Maybe the bar could be restrained as not to cause any issues, but haven't seen or heard of any quick release options. A quick release pin of proper length and diameter could be a possibility at the attachment point on the "A" arm . It just depends if its safe and its worth the effort for someone to try it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts