Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So Ive read nothing but GREAT things regarding the sway bar for the 650 V2's I want to order one, but can someone tell me does it go on the front or rear of the ATV? Also is there drilling involved or is it a pretty standard install? Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
472 Posts
1. It goes on the rear.
2. No drilling required
3. It does take some assembly- simple tools needed: wrenches, jack stands, torque wrench, etc.
4. Makes a big diffrence towards a "sporty" ride
5. Some wheel travel will be sacraficed in technical conditions
6. Good luck! It is an involved (but easy) modification to do

·
Registered
723 Posts
put one on in November. Not to difficult. the directions are not that great. Makes a difference on the ride. Lets you slide the rear out easier. As for ground clearance I did not lose any. After a few months with it I am not sure I would do it again based upon the riding I do. Really do not see that much of a difference for me.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I like mine, really makes it less tippy feeling on off camber trails, mine makes a poping sound, guess I need to add some anti seze on the bar as others have said to cure it.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Here's a little blurb on how I did it that I posted before:

Well I finally installed the swaybar on my 06 650v2 and I just want to thank everyone for your comments , tips and photo's on the job. Those instructions were poor and not very helpful , especially the directions to reference figure 1 , which by the way you needed a magnifying glass to even see. The photos at least gave me a clue how everything fit together.
I preassembled all the major parts on cardboard on my kitchen table before I went outside. I took someones advice and coated the bushing with anti-seize, trying to prevent the creaking farther down the road. I recommend the preassembly in doors so your comfortable while your getting frustrated, the only piece I didn't assemble was the bottom metal frame bracket and waited till I put the swaybar in place on the frame and then removed the finger tightened nuts , slid the bottom bracket over the 8 bolts I believe, and then put the nuts back on. I preassembled the bracket combo which attaches to the "a" arm but did not attach to the sway bar during assembly. I dealt with that during my final hookup and tightening of all parts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The bar REALLY helps the machine for almost every kind of riding. It's one of those add-ons that is worth the money and the difference can be felt. I'd do it again in a minute.

The instructions that come with the bar however, are dog doo. The only thing I found them useful for were the measurements.

Go to the link above and look at the pictures. They are a 1000 times more helpful than the enclosed directions. Experience being the best teacher, I believe most would agree that after installing one anti-sway bar in 2-3 hours, they could do the next in less than 30 minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.