Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the sway bar kit on my 07 500m (thanks go to Freetrapper for his instructional post) a few weeks back. Last week I bought 26" XTRs and mounted them up on stock steel wheels. As tempting as it was to put them on the 500, I was determined to give the stock Goodyear RSs one last ride with the sway bar in place.
Went for a short ride in the hills today and I can say that the sway bar corrected about 90% of the handling problems I was having on the gravel roads. Before, it seemed to hunt and wander all over and dive around every time the slope of the road changed. With the sway bar in place, I could travel at speeds of 30 to 40 MPH without fighting to keep the quad under control. I was impressed to say the least. Money well spent.
After a short ride we headed back to our rig and put the XTRS on. I think they are worth half their cost just for how good they look on the 500. Rode for another hour or so and found no disappointments. Very positive handling on the hardpack. Ride was reasonably smooth once the air pressure was dropped to 4.5psi. Traction was excellent in every condition I tried. Went almost every where in 2wd. At about an extra 12 lbs per tire over the stockers I expected to really to feel the power loss. As others have said, it really isn't that noticeable, but I'm sure it's there.
Thanks to all who have recommended the sway bar and the XTRs. Can't wait to try them at the dunes on our next trip to the coast. Would love to have the Bighorns too, but had to choose one or the other-for now anyway.
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Steve. The XTR’s do make for a smooth ride... awesome choice :) My ATV is currently non-existent because I’m still looking around, lol, but I definitely want to put on a set of the XTR’s and the sway bar (thanks Rugby3 and sat4314)

Congrats on the new upgrade and have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts