Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
you cannot swap ecu's that are different. The injectors also have the same markings on them. You have to change the injectors also.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
you cannot swap ecu's that are different. The injectors also have the same markings on them. You have to change the injectors also.

the sled will run just fine. The difference is very minor. For testing purposes the sled will be fine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my sled seems to "run" with my square ECU but wont with my dads triangle ecu. I just replaced the stator and coil and with the TSS connected it "skips" at idle but with it disconnected the sled idles at 3200 rpm, I rode the sled like this and it runs fine no check engine lights just the track wont stop spinning because of the high idle. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? :(

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
Well my sled seems to "run" with my square ECU but wont with my dads triangle ecu. I just replaced the stator and coil and with the TSS connected it "skips" at idle but with it disconnected the sled idles at 3200 rpm, I rode the sled like this and it runs fine no check engine lights just the track wont stop spinning because of the high idle. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? :(

Something in your throttle cable is hanging up. I would start there. The safety system is doing what it is suppose to do.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a powermadd cable extended. The sled seems to run after you give it a little throttle with the TSS connected, just seems to run rough.

·
Super Moderator
8,442 Posts
I have a powermadd cable extended. The sled seems to run after you give it a little throttle with the TSS connected, just seems to run rough.

the power madd extender is your issue. The ecu knows the throttle is out of wack and the saftey system is shutting down the sled. This is why it will idle at 3200 when The TSS is unplug. My guess is your cable is way too tight and is holding the TB open at idle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My only concearn is before the stator went bad the sled ran fine, stator went, replaced it but now I have airleaks or my throttle cable messed up?? Doesn't add up. The only time I rode the sled this year I did a lot of skimming and rode through a lot of puddles due to poor conditions, sled ran fine. Pressure washed it 2 weeks later when it warmed up, sprayed under the hood and everything, started it up after that once ran fine, stated it up 30 seconds later and it ran on one cylinder and now I'm here after 2 coils and and a stator. Wondering if the water had anything to do with the issues and what the water could affect

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
My only concearn is before the stator went bad the sled ran fine, stator went, replaced it but now I have airleaks or my throttle cable messed up?? Doesn't add up. The only time I rode the sled this year I did a lot of skimming and rode through a lot of puddles due to poor conditions, sled ran fine. Pressure washed it 2 weeks later when it warmed up, sprayed under the hood and everything, started it up after that once ran fine, stated it up 30 seconds later and it ran on one cylinder and now I'm here after 2 coils and and a stator. Wondering if the water had anything to do with the issues and what the water could affect
Obviously something else is going on. Have you brought it in and thawed it out made sure everything is dry. Oh and yeah an airleak could pop up at any time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts