Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=59591:Rear_Axle.JPG]

The service manual says "If the flanged axle in the offset pivot idler arm is loose, it must be cleaned and green Loctite #609 must be applied prior to installation".
Does anyone know if they actually mean the flared bushings or are they talking about the axle itself? Also, if anyone has done it, how much do you use (a couple drops or coat the parts)? My axle itself moves in and out of the bushings. Just want to put it back together properly. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I think that means that you only need the green Loctite if the TSL link is loose after you tighten the two bolts. You have a hex hole over a hex shaft, so I'd think there would have to be considerable wear for the bolts not to tighten that connection down tight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just rebuilt mine suspension a month ago. I replaced my flanged axle and it is the steel piece with the flange on it that is in the bushing. The piece that the bolt goes into to fasten the idler arm to the tunnel. By my understanding, if the bolt was loose the threads on the axle need to be cleaned and have loctite applied to them to stop it from loosening up. Just look at a parts breakout on alpha-sports.com It shows what the flanged axle part is.

It needs to be done before, otherwise it can't be takin out to clean once the idler arm is tightened in place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts