Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin of buyin a new superwinch atv3000 today for 129 bucks. I don't need a winch very often, so I don't want to spend 500 plus for a Warn. Anybody have any reviews for me?? What's good and what's bad? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Well i have a superwinch 9000 on my truck. I had my truck burried up past the frame with 7 tons of rock on a trailer. With a double line pull, it pulled the truck and trailer out and never missed a lick. Best 1500 my parents ever spent on a tool.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nwngunner @ Nov 7 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well i have a superwinch 9000 on my truck. I had my truck burried up past the frame with 7 tons of rock on a trailer. With a double line pull, it pulled the truck and trailer out and never missed a lick. Best 1500 my parents ever spent on a tool.[/b]

Awesome...9000lbs winch on an ATV!! emmmmm that should do the job. :lol:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
you could get a viper 3000max for around a 100 bucks and they are great winches

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i like my viper elite

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
If you do get one, let us know how it is. I have been wanting one for a receiver mount while plowing. Best to pull yourself out the way you came, than deeper in the snow.
Can't beat the price either. I shopped for vipers and gorillas after my warn died. If they would even ship up here, the shipping and duties worked out more than a new motor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The father in law had a not so super winch, didn't even last a year! I love to save money but remember, "A cheap man buys things twice!"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cabelas sells Superwinch brand and I have always found that what they sell is good stuff. Having said that, on one machine I have a Champion winch that I got from Sam's Club. It has been great for an 'el cheepo' winch. On the Prowler I mounted a Trakker brand winch that I bought at Big R. Both have been very good winches.

My understanding is that there are only 2 or 3 winch manufacturers that make all the winches, no matter what the brand that is actually on it.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jgarner @ Nov 7 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The father in law had a not so super winch, didn't even last a year! I love to save money but remember, "A cheap man buys things twice!"[/b]
I used to think this, but I have bought some more expensive items more than once. I'll give a cheap item a shot, and if it fails I'll consider buying something more expensive. More money doesn't always mean better quality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chalkie @ Nov 7 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cabelas sells Superwinch brand and I have always found that what they sell is good stuff. Having said that, on one machine I have a Champion winch that I got from Sam's Club. It has been great for an 'el cheepo' winch. On the Prowler I mounted a Trakker brand winch that I bought at Big R. Both have been very good winches.

My understanding is that there are only 2 or 3 winch manufacturers that make all the winches, no matter what the brand that is actually on it.[/b]
Trakker is an alright brand? I have been looking at them at Princess Auto. They don't seem to be worth Warn prices though. $350 for a 3000lb. I dunno

I just got back to work. I'll grab one of these Super Winches next time I am at Canadian Tire. I was just there today, but they remodeled and I couldn't find anything :lol:
I will tear it down and give some initial impressions when I do. I doubt it will see any serious use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ososlow @ Nov 8 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Trakker is an alright brand? I have been looking at them at Princess Auto. They don't seem to be worth Warn prices though. $350 for a 3000lb. I dunno[/b]
So far it seems to be good. Runs smooth in and out.

I had a comment here about the prices then realized - Canadian dollar - so nevermind. :D However the Trakker price I paid was $100 less than an equivalent Warn.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info guys...I pulled the new Superwinch 3000 out of the box on Saturday and as I expected, the mounting bracket doesnt work at all with my LE bumper on my quad. It looks like a decent unit, all sealed and I think a year warranty.

The unfortunate thing is that the mounting bracket probably can't even be modified by drilling new holes, unless I take a torch to it and make some serious alterations. Does anybody have pics of the mounting plate/complete install of a winch on the LE bumper? That might help me out.

Canam k...my supplier in Saskatoon was asking around 500 dollars for a 3000 lb warn winch when i last called. I think i'll call around to some other near by dealers.

As for now, i'm not going to give up on the Superwinch. Any pictures of winch's on LE front bumpers or of the mounting plate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

G

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts