Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is what I ran with my BMP F8 and worked GREAT(Super tips kick-ass!!)50 g base,2 tungsten at the heel(1 each side),4-1g washers(2 each side) middle,and 6(3 each side)1g washers at the tip..this is with a 165-300 primary spring ,58-48 BMP helix and BMP red secondary spring...'03-'04 with chain case!!If that's too much run 4 at the tip instead of 6!

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey cjt,

I have a ported f-7 and am using more weight than that...............78.5
that is the actual weight......
60 gr base, 2 tung, 2 washers........76..............weighs 78.5

that red spring is way to stiff......i use a red /white cat
the rest of the set-up is very good

and i weight 250lb

·
Registered
132 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maximumf7 @ Jan 18 2007, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey cjt,

I have a ported f-7 and am using more weight than that...............78.5
that is the actual weight......
60 gr base, 2 tung, 2 washers........76..............weighs 78.5

that red spring is way to stiff......i use a red /white cat
the rest of the set-up is very good

and i weight 250lb[/b]

My weights weighed 77.5-77.8 grams...but the pipe mod on mine ran at 8000 rpm's,I would think a ported F7 would run closer to 7700-7800 rpm's ,plus I ran a VERY big gear with ten tooth drivers,and I agree that is a stiff spring but it does work..I run a red/white Cutler spring in most of my set-ups!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I have never had a problem getting Super Tips to work. Probably the best weight on the market to pinpoint where you would need to add or subtract weight on the cam arm itself. With that amount of adjustability also makes them the easiest to screw up with. When you get the setup close to where it needs to be, the adjusting gets easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts