Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I have an 01 zr800 and I'm thinking of doing a piston and ring kit to freshen it up , I've put a new comet 108xp primary and new ac secondary clutch w d&d clutch kit new bm single pipe and can and d&d y pipe and power breather, everything is legit just want to freshen up the motor. Is it possible just to hone the cylinders and throw new rings in or should I buy a whole top end kit? And what about the crank? I've only tore down and rebuilt top half . So i dont know much bout cranks. New crank bearings or seals ? And what's it all about having crank trued and welded? What is done in that procedure Btw sled has 4700 miles on it and had piston and rings done round 3000 miles. Would it be worth it to trade my 800 jugs for 900 jugs or can I have the 800 jugs bored

·
Premium Member
3,636 Posts
if going bigger just get 900 jugs and pistons
if your compression is good on the 800
you can just throw in new pistons
i have a running 1010 based off the 800 bottom end if your interesed long block
it uses d&d pistons
$1300
i am in detroit
i have extra jugs and piston as well and would trade you for the 800 stuff for the extras

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.