Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 F5 standard 128 inch track and i was wondering what you think is the best stud pattern and count. Also what would be an ideal stud height for the standard track, i am not sure but i think the track is .835 inch tall lugs. Any help would be greatly aprecciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
136 stud boy pattern works great all in the center and closed windows not to keen on having studs on the outer portion of the track. I believe I used 1.175" with aluminum backers no double backers if they happen to bend in the center tough to get out. Plastic backers seem to break.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Opinions will vary greatly with this topic. The first and foremost thing for you is to know that you've got a 1" track (assuming it's a standard and not a sno pro). The 1.175" stud length is a good choice, but the bigger goal is to keep your stud penetration right around 3/8". So realistically, you could probably look at a 1.25" stud ... remember different manufacturers measure differently.

As far as a number of studs go, I'd say anything between 102 (2 per bar) or 136 as previously mentioned, using the closed window for additional studs (which would be 34).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you LabonteF8 for the reply, This will be my first ride that i will be putting studs on. So 3/8 inch above the lugs ok. I shall shop around now for the studs and template.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts