Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a zr 600 and the studs could use replacing there are three tear outs that i know of and dont know if i should just leave the ones in, buy new ones or take them out. what are some of your guys oppinions?

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the track is tore don't bother replacing your studs. Find a new track and then worry about weather you want new studs or not.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 1.25 Ripsaw no studs on my ZR 600 and it's been the best upgrade yet I love it, However if you really want studs and you're used to rideing with them check out the Ice ripper I herd it rocks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont have the money for a new track. and im not use to riding with them since this is my first sled and have yet to get snow. do you guys think i should just leave them in and let it be? some are a little bent and some are pretty worn down. ill take some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well then you are SOL because you need a new track first dude if you have tear outs like you said, you tears are just going to get wqorse and then you may need other parts too.

you can look fora used track which will be a lot cheaper....go to a slavage place and see if they have a track for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you dont have the coin just run what you got,3 pull outs is nothing major its a 600 trail sled not a race sled right? if right and track is not torn just the pull thru's and I could not afford a new/used one I'd just run it and be happy to be on the trails BUT do keep a eye on it

·
Registered
20 Posts
You do need a new track, a riped track is a mess just waiting to happen and you won't be close to home when it does, I still have my stock track you are welcome to it for cheap if you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts