Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of finally studding the Crossfire. I would like to go with the minimun amount, how many? What is the real deal on tunnel protection?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I like 136 for a minimum amount and that's what I have. Do a search with my username. I made a topic with pictures of what I did and what I used for protection. Mine hooks hard from anywhere but a dead stop on glare ice. Even a slight roll it hooks hard. Depends on what studs you use of course. They need to be somewhat sharp.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Feb 16 2007, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I like 136 for a minimum amount and that's what I have. Do a search with my username. I made a topic with pictures of what I did and what I used for protection. Mine hooks hard from anywhere but a dead stop on glare ice. Even a slight roll it hooks hard. Depends on what studs you use of course. They need to be somewhat sharp.[/b]
Thanks thats just the info I'm looking for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I heard you have to pull your track off to get the tunnel protectors on, is that true? I was thinking of going with 144 studs, but I do like this 136 setup.

·
Registered
270 Posts
to ad the tunnel protectors all you have to do is drop the back of the supension and slide the plastic piece into the slot in the middle of the tunnel. it takes some elbow grease to get it to slide in tho. I put 162 picks in mine and i love it. i but 3 in per bar and just alternated each bar by putting 2 on one side and 1 on the other. then i just moved them farther in each time then i moved back out it was fairly easy. i roughly went ever 8 bars than i repeated my patern. You just have to watch your scratch pattern and you cant get to close to the middle

·
Registered
33 Posts
bump that 162 mega bite woodys
personally i ride on some ice
so sometimes it isnt enough
its give and take for trail and ice depend on what u ride

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just bought 162 megabites and was going to 9" shaper bars on slp powder pro skis? does anyone have input? also a 10.4 secondary with the ODS clutch kit. Rockerdude

1 - 7 of 7 Posts