Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my new 06 CF7 SP... It's my first decent sled and I've decided to stud it, and my wife's sabercat. I'm confused however by the whole studding thing.. how many studs, pattern, size.. etc.. there are SO many options!

Is there a general recommended pattern/size/count that you experts could recommend?

I will do a bit of lake riding when there's not much snow, otherwise mostly trail riding. I would say that I'm semi-aggressive, but don't push it too hard. I weigh about 235-240 fully loaded and ready to ride.

I was tentatively considering 144 or 162 studs.. in 1.450 size?

The single/double pattern here looks pretty decent: http://www.woodystraction.com/catalog/deta...5877&cat=13

Any opinions on using double versus single backers? Seems like the double will be more rigid and save weight, not that it's a huge issue for me.

Also.. angled backers.. I haven't heard much talk about them, they lookin interesing though!

Overall.. I'm really lost in what to do here and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jamie

·
Registered
8 Posts
i used 1.450 studs and put 100 miles on my sled. seem to wok just fine. You need to put on a tunnel protecter though. they are only like 8 $. the mechanic at the shop told me the studs should work with an 1 1/4 track.i used the 162 pattern

·
Registered
525 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BoNeS-SP @ Jan 10 2007, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
do you have to remove the track to install tunnel protectors?[/b]
For the AC ones yes since they provide pilot holes for you in the tunnel protector that you have to drill up through and into the tunnel. It only takes about 5 minutes to lower the skid.

BTW - 162, 1.325" on a 1.25" lug, using a modified AC suggested 2-4-2-4 pattern that does not require double backers (studded only down the center belt).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts