Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be studding my sled and I need some opinions! I have the Arctic-Cat template and was going to use the 153 or 170 pattern, my track is the Sno Pro version 1.375" and I'm going 1.450" stud. I have 1 problem, I don't want to use double backer pattern, I would like to keep them all single. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can find a single pattern template, if they even make one. If so, how many studs would you reccomend? What size ski-carbides, should I then use! I want to order the supplies ASAP, so could you please help! If I went 153 or 170, I was going to go with 8" ski carbides.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well 170 Studs in a track is going to weight quite a bit, but it all depends on what you really like to ride on like, Snow, Hardpack, Powder, and Ice. I used to have a 144 studs on a 2001 Tcat 1000 V pattern and that just about threw me off the back on the ice when I went WOT!! So what ever you think and I dont really know where you would find one but, www.woodystraction.com
Ryan

Looking for 2004 Firecat F6 SP, or EXT, EFI
PM ME!!

The Buck Stops Here!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just a ? , why do not want the double backer? They provide more strength and better bite. IMO :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
127 Posts
i put the signature series in my firecat. i only did 96 studs and it seems like plenty enough. some people will disagree but it sure way better then none at all. recently went to tug hill put on 150 miles on a hard base and didnt bend or rip out no studs and it hooked up awsome. woodystraction.com will have templates to look at, thats where i got mine from

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whitetailcrazy @ Jan 31 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
pain in the a** to stud, it looks that I have no choice. going to have to use double. What do you guys think about Woodys gold diggers? What about Signature series? One is harden steel the other is stainless. which route would you go?[/b]

the doubles realy arnt that bad to do.
and they work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts