Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all I sometimes..well a lot I have a problem getting my ATV to go out of reverse . It is a 2007 500 manual 4x4 . Any suggestions ? ( I only get it out of reverse by pushing it up real hard )

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Sounds like your idle is too high, that would cause it to be difficult to shift into gear. Or your shifter linkage is out of adjustment.

Reactions: warrior07

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh no the shift pattern ain't like that...you ride dirt bikes don't you ? I like how ac use to have their manual shift ATVs I can shift up with my heel by pressing down and down shift with my toes by pressing down . It goes down yo neutral then where on a auto magic the shifter is on the left fender pull that lever down to R

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
no i had a 09 manual 500, but only for 46 miles till it jumped off the trailer going down some logging road in canada. I just remember some difficulties with shifting but it was winter so I was always fartin' with the idle, too high, too low, etc.
(But I do ride motorcycle's also)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks . I live in Florida so its the same year round . Idk if I want an automatic or not . Maybe I'll buy one in a year . I like manual shift because they pull better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.