Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
new here, i have a 2004 arctic cat 500 auto, just recently bought from buddy. issue is stuck in 4wd, i jacked up atv, all 4 wheels have power n turn , i hit switch to 2 wd, (changed on dash) but still all 4 tires spin.
also, i think rear brake may be sticking, top speed of atv is like 32 mph.
thank you for your help in advance

·
Registered
135 Posts

you can remove the cover (t30 screws) and inspect the mechanial gears.
I had good luck on those withouth replacing.
you could also change the front diff fluid and see if you see any larger metal particles than shavings (those could possibly be bearing pieces)
when the fluid is out, remove the front driveshaft and rotate front tires or hubs, any crunching or rattleing? or do they move smoothly?

it could be a mechanical issue with the actuator, or it could be a mechanical issue within the front diff.

Let me know if you need assistance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man, we are currently working on a kit for Artic Cat’s that eliminates all electronics required for OEM 4WD actuator. If you’d like, follow us on our social media pages (@knight_sgroi_innovations) to stay updated on when they will be released (towards the end of the year)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello, thanks for the info, finally getting back to it, i already had changed the front and rear diff fluid ( no big metal pieces), fuses and doildes look ok/ correct. when i turn key on i dont hear any noise when switching 2 to 4wd ( on the handle bar switch or dash). i will check if i hear anything by actuator when i hi buttons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joe knight,
any info aboutwhat your making/ selling for actuator? will i have to remove my actuator? can i get a email, i dont use social media.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
joe knight,
any info aboutwhat your making/ selling for actuator? will i have to remove my actuator? can i get a email, i dont use social media.
thanks
Hi John, yes the OEM electric actuator will be removed and replaced. The kit for the Artic Cat isn't ready just yet, but we are extremely close! If you would like to email me with any questions, i'd be happy to help! You can email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
120 Posts
The actuators are very common. You can take them apart. There are microswitches in them, one each for when the actuator reaches the 2wd positions and 4wd position. If the 2wd one is stuck on, it won't try to move and show it's in 2wd, it might be something as simple as a sticking switch. I've taken mine apart a few times over the years. There is a thread on here where someone looked up all the parts to buy for them like the switches and relays. They're pretty simple devices I would at least open it up and look at things. You could swap the switches to see if it changes. The switches are only a couple bucks each.
But that isn't going to affect your top speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts