Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the driven side of the engine, I have a metal rattling noise after I get the primary clutch spinning a bit, but not spinning enough to move the sled. At idle, no noises. It sounds like the noise you would expect to hear if the clutch cover was loose and sitting on metal. Of course that isn't the case and the clutch cover sits on a rubber grommet.
I haven't put it up on a stand to see if its still there under a load yet. Maybe its normal for the primary to rattle alittle bit until it gets a load. Any ideas? Thanks.
Almost forgot, it seems to run fine, didn't notice the noise till getting ready to load it back on the trailer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ohh check the pins and bushings that hold your weights in, my clutch had a slight rattle like you described before it blew up. It was the cam arms rattling around because the fiber bushings in it had worn out causing the cam arms to be out of wack and they ended up wearing threw the cheezy pins and then next thing ya know the clutch went threw the bellypan...ugghh believe me that was one terrible noise! I still have nightmares about it to this day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts