Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2009 Arctic Cat F570. Can you tell me if there is a bracket for storing a spare belt? Can't believe I would have to buy that as an accessory.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah I don't think they have one, since they changed the chassis up so much theirs no room for anything anymore.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I Zip Tied my spare belt and put in on top of the clutch guard. Just watch the wire harness's, etc.. No place for spare plugs either. I just toss them in the storage box.

·
Registered
491 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dturk @ Dec 18 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just purchased a 2009 Arctic Cat F570. Can you tell me if there is a bracket for storing a spare belt? Can't believe I would have to buy that as an accessory.[/b]
I picked up a spare belt clip for $6 last year at my local cat dealer (sorry no part # for that one ) . I pop rivoted it to the top of my belt guard , but i know a couple guys that mounted it to the belly pan under the working drive belt . Anywhere it can get a little heat works great . Here's one from dennis Kirk you can order too... Ya i know it's crazy cat wouldn't just put one in for a couple bucks .

Dennis Kirk Part #: 3914
Manufacturer Part #: 302

Parts Unlimited Spare Drive Belt Holder
Your Price: $2.95

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did the same as RandyCat. I picked up a belt clip and attached it to my belt guard. Be careful of the placement because the oil tank is above the clutches. If you install the clip too far in, you can't get the guard on. I used a couple of thick elastics from broccoli to hold the ends of the belt together and to keep the belt away from the ecu wires.

[attachment=142306:F1000_014.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
The above ideas won't work for the F570,as there is an air intake vent mounted on top of the belt guard.I bought my girlfriend the cat bag that fits in the trunk,and put her spare belt in there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My spare belt and a quart of ams oil fits in the back of the sled in the storage compartment at least on my 07 f6 yours might be different. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts