Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
My kids just got be the Artic Cat rack mount storage box for Christmas. Looks like a pretty handy unit. Had to order the quick release mounting kit for MRP racks. $40.00. I see you can also get a weather seal ($7.00) and foam insert ($45.00). Looks like you could easily spend about $200+. Oh well. It will look better than strapping on my old 54 quart cooler.......

·
Registered
946 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ohio Cat @ Dec 26 2006, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My kids just got be the Artic Cat rack mount storage box for Christmas. Looks like a pretty handy unit. Had to order the quick release mounting kit for MRP racks. $40.00. I see you can also get a weather seal ($7.00) and foam insert ($45.00). Looks like you could easily spend about $200+. Oh well. It will look better than strapping on my old 54 quart cooler.......[/b]
Having just become a TRV owner and also being a pack mule,(just ask KevinBender), I had to come up with a compromise for my spacious Kimpex Deluxe I used to have on the back end of my '03' 400. I got an Arctic Cat rack box for the front and have been very happy with it. It took some getting used to, but I like it a lot.

A couple words of advice: First, I followed the directions and template provided by Arctic Cat for the SpeedRack kit exactly. In doing so, the box still wound up riding too close to the handlebars and the first right turn I took slammed the brakes on. I'm not sure if this is a template problem, or a handlebar problem, but I wound up canting my brake lever for the ride and have redrilled and remounted the box so it's closer to the front of the rack, (PIA). So, you might want to actually mount your kit, position the box and use nail polish, or a white crayon to mark your drill spots, then try and match it up with the template. Maybe drill really small holes and mount it with small screws and washers to make sure it fits where you want it? These holes would be easier to fill than the giant holes I had to fill from my initial mounting, (thanks JB Weld). ;)

Second, the gasket kit is a total and complete waste of money. I was expecting this hi-tech fitted gasket. What I got was a roll of gasket tape, some tiny cut-out puzzle pieces with no rhyme, reason, or instruction - what a joke. Save yourself the money and go to Home Depot.

Other than that, I love it and Mrs. Claus brought me the TRV Rear Bag for Christmas, so I'm GTG! :super_happy:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I found a used ammo box thats approx 14 x24 x 6 for 10 bucks. About an hour with the welder,drill press and some 3/4" square tubing I now have a "bullet proof" box that pins on the front or rear speedrack. The box is rainproof but not waterproof. Next step is spray on bedliner to complete the job. Dont have pics yet. I had already used one of these boxes and know how handy they can be. The new one comes off in seconds or back on in seconds. Deep enough to hold a lot without being too tall to see over if mounted on the front.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Anybody use a delux box/seat on the MRP rack on the TRV? Seems like you get the storeage and the second rider. Plus the px gets heated grips and wind guards.... Expensive but hey!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I use the Quadrax front box. plenty of room.... It's a tight fit with a fairing, but without it, it's very good....

so does my buddy with the H1

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have the cat box and used weatherstip from the hardware store and it worked good until I took it water riding and once the weatherstrip got wet it started to peel off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts