Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Guys, do NOT search for what the guy is trying to trade (in the comments/questions area). The item # he wants to trade is 180036163970. If you put this in the seach box it takes you to a log in screen that is IDENTICAL to eBay's. However, if you look at the address, it's not on eBay's server. It's a classic attempt to get your username/password. Very clever, I haven't seen this one before.

Jay

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Guys, I feel really bad for the guy that lost his quad, I feel that is legit, unfortunately, I had to report this to ebay because of the phishing scam that was attached to it.

It really wouldn't serve this guys purpose at all for other people to lose a bunch of money as well.

Jay

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Molsondrinkr @ May 8 2007, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I sent him a email in EBAY to see if he could remove that question and answer. Hopefully he can put it up again.

later
Molsondrinkr[/b]
That's a good idea. Unfortunately, my report already went in. :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't even notice the Q/A part of the add. I hope yall don't think I sent it to you on purpose. I was just seeing if anyone here had seen it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steve28529 @ May 8 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't even notice the Q/A part of the add. I hope yall don't think I sent it to you on purpose. I was just seeing if anyone here had seen it.[/b]
No one thinks that Steve. You did good.

Jay

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, just wanted to make sure. Sometimes I fail to pay attention to the fine print. Might be why I'm still in debt bang your head .

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah the bike that got stole was ODB old arctic cat. That is legit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry to hear about your missing quad i know the feeling as my first one was stolen last october. makes ya just want to reach out and choke someone

·
Registered
519 Posts
Another scam that is going around right now is an email contacting eBay sellers telling them they are now a "silver power seller" It then takes you to a fake log in screen in an effort to get your identity and password....
These things look very legit and I can see how the less wary can get scammed...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts