Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is having alot of trouble with his stock tires and leaks. I suggested getting some Mud Lites on his stock rims to solve this problem. Is the problem with the stockers the tires or the rims or both? If he puts Mud Lites on his stock rims will this stop all his leaks around the rims? Is 26" too much for a 400 auto? It is a 2005.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my question exactly! Most everyone said that 26" isn't too big for the 400 (mines a 1999 manual) so i think that i am going with 26x10x12 all around (in the XL of course haha) but maybe you should stick to 26x8x12 front and 26x10x12 rear so youi don't burn up belts... I dunno...

Hope that helped a little at least...

Max

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have an 06 auto, i put super grip superlites on mine... they are 26x10's all the way around..... I dont have any trouble turning them, as long as ur in low range in the sticky stuff...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I run the 25" bighorns 8x12 10x12 on my 400. They measure like most companies 26" tires. I had no issue in the snow or in the little bit of mud we did find. You will notice the most problems if you get stuck and have to try and back up due to the really bad gearing AC selected for reverse. I lost 4-5 mph on the top end because of the new tires, but it was made up easily in the traction, steering and handling department.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I just put 26" mud lites and SS wheels on the wifes's 05 400 auto and it goes good with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive got 27 inch lites on my 400 with a pipe jetkit and clutch kit goes goodspins em in the thick stuff although i had to get 1 inch spacers in front for my stock wheels but its an 03

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just put Mudlites XL'S 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear ( stock size)on my 04 400 manual, broke both rear axles bang your head !!I wouldn't go any bigger.!! those tire's hook up. I was going through stuff could never go through before even axles!! never had any problems with the stock tires except I was getting stuck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts