Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the wheel width is front and rear of the aluminum LE wheels? Secondly, does anybody know what the backspacing is on the stock LE wheels, front and rear?

I'm getting a H1 soon and I'm trying to figure out what wheels I wana run. If I should just buy LE wheels (and if I should run 4 rear LE wheels all the way around or not) or if I should just buy some aftermarket wheels. I plan on running 26" Mudlites. 10's front 12's rear. I'm just thinking about different ideas.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
whats your goal in width?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe just a little wider than stock. but not a bunch. I'd like to see some head on pics of one with the LE wheels and aftermarket tires. just to get an idea.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i can tell ya that my v2 is roughly 3-4 inches wider with the itp type 6 series vs the stock le (basically maxxis) rims. they should be marked on the rims like for example 12x7 or 6.5

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
aftermarket rims will make you 4 inches wider than stock LE rims asumming same size width tire as stock.

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I believe the last time I measured them the fronts were 6.5" and the rears were 8.5" but my memory is not great these days.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was kinda thinking too. That's also why I was considering running 4 rear wheels instead of 2 fronts and 2 rears. To give me just a little bit more width, and to possibly run wider tires up front (ie., same size front and back). Question though.....if I run 4 rear wheels, will it make the front wider than the rear in overall width? Same question if I run aftermarket wheels that are all 12x7 with a 5+2 offset to the rear (like the type 7) will that make the front wider than the rear? Thanks

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
my stock 05 le wheels that came on my v2 are 12x7.5 rear and 12x6.0 fronts. how wide of a tire are you looking to run? i have seen some run 12 inch wide tires on the front (too wide imo) but i run 12 in the rear and 9 in the front currently on itp rims. put the le wheels on wife's machine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If your not really wanting to blow the money get a spacer kit-my buddy rides his yammy grizz like that, running stockers with executioners 12 wide all they way around. Ive no idea how much a spacer kit costs...

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
question #1. does anybody have any head on pics of a stock LE with some mud tires?

#2. What is the overall width of the front vs. the overall width of the rear of a stock H1?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
#2. What is the overall width of the front vs. the overall width of the rear of a stock H1?
I have 8" Vision rims all the way around and the front tracks with the rear. I have 10" up front and 12" on the rear and they seems to be center to center in line.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool. thats why I wanted to know what the backspacing of the stock LE wheels was. to see if the front was the same width as the rear. I'm just torn between aftermarket wheels or the LE wheels. I really like them both, just not sure I want them to stick out as far as what the aftermarket ones seem to. Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts