Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that the stock axles are decent, but i JUST found a SLICE in my rear boot that i haven't picked up on before, it is not packed but i dont think there is too much grease in there, as the only reason i noticed the hole is because of grease on my lower A-arm.

is it worth buying a stocker replacement, or should i step things up a notch, i mean BAMM, Gorilla?
:beer_cheers: ^im only asking this because i'm saving up for the highlifter lift, an maybe springs, and some 27" "somethings." im also goin to be juicin the motor up as much as i can, i didn't know if the stock could handle the extra torque and the added anlge of the lift plus the weight of heavier tires.

also- is there any cheaper replacement to atleast almost equal the gorrila's?

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riggin500cat @ Mar 15 2007, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i know that the stock axles are decent, but i JUST found a SLICE in my rear boot that i haven't picked up on before, it is not packed but i dont think there is too much grease in there, as the only reason i noticed the hole is because of grease on my lower A-arm.

is it worth buying a stocker replacement, or should i step things up a notch, i mean BAMM, Gorilla?
:beer_cheers: ^im only asking this because i'm saving up for the highlifter lift, an maybe springs, and some 27" "somethings." im also goin to be juicin the motor up as much as i can, i didn't know if the stock could handle the extra torque and the added anlge of the lift plus the weight of heavier tires.

also- is there any cheaper replacement to atleast almost equal the gorrila's?[/b]

I wouldn't throw that much coin at it yet. Get a replacement boot kit for it. They come with bands,grease, and the boot. GoHERE, this is where I buy mine....$20-25 shipped.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I agree with Walt. Start off repairing what you have. If you break an axle after all your mods, then you can sell your other good ones on Ebay and help offset the costs of new ones. I turned 27 Mudlites on my clutched V2...no issues at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.