Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 firecat f5 completly stock and it wont go over 50mph. it pulls good up to there but after that you give it more throttle and it just wont go any faster the motor just like chokes up with no more power... so i didnt know if it was a problem with the carbs or maybe its not getting good spark like from the cdi box idk .. .so please can someone help me
thnks jason

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I hope for your sake it's the APV's as others have previously mentioned ... if not, I hate to say it, but it could be a stator problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
is it studded?? if not your track is probly just spinning i had the same problem with my f7 it would go over 95 and my dealer told me that my track was just spinng and i couldnt fell it..... so i got it studded and it made a big difference thats what was wrong wit mine it sound like tha sme thing.

·
Premium Member
4,355 Posts
check your apv's what rpms are you getting?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firecatsrt @ Feb 18 2007, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
check your apv's what rpms are you getting?[/b]
i agree mike, they could be stuck. or...you gettin fire to both plugs? sounds like you might only be runnin on one cylinder...compression in both cylinders? check that by putting your fingers over the holes in the cylinders and pull rope slowly...it could be a bunch of things. the only way to find out is to check everything

·
Registered
0 Posts
you might only running on 1 cyclinder, when m dad's 600 sdi did that it only got 40mph. If its not that then ints your APV cables, u shud have around 8400 rpm, no higher than 8500 'cus then u lose hp

·
Registered
34 Posts
feel the heads, if it's only running on one cylinder one will be colder than the other. if one is colder check the compression with thumb or guage if you have one. If no compression close hood, kick sled, and start shopping for parts. :wacko:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i know its running on two cylinders cuz i have heard it when it goes to only one... i have good power up to 50 mph and thats it no more it hits like a wierd rev limiter... so i think it could be the apv valves....so to get them unstuck shoudl i take them apart and clean them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts