Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hellp, I have a 79 jag 3000 and i'm not sure about clutch offset. I have factory spec. for offset and c/c but no tool. checked motor mounts and their tight but square washer under mount will spin but useing a large pry bar, couldn't move motor. I purchased this sled a couple of years ago and do to weather hadn't riden it that much until this year and started to notice a vib. and found belt had flipped, corrected and within a couple of minutes it flipped again? owners manual said belt offset could cause this but not sure how to go about doing this. a new belt came with sled but it happened with it as well. checked to see if belts were correct for this sled and they were 45.5 long and 1 1/4 wide. lifted belt shield with back of sled up and watched. belt doesn't sit up on secondary a 1/16 or so as i have read on other forums and seems to have alot of deflection but don't know spec. for that? do the age of machine could primary come to close together and push belt out because skid marks on clutch show this is where its flipping? could springs be weak? or is it offset? I worked in auto industry for 16 years so i'm mechanically inclined but never worked on sled and without shop manual i'm working blind. grabbed secondary and this has a slight wiggle side to side but not up and down?? not sure where to go with this thing. i did read something about a straight edge against back of primary but couldn't find where i read that. I'm at an end here and my kids would like to ride but if its not safe or dependable i'm not going to let them. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
In the clutch tuning handbook it lists the problem as belt flips over at high speed, and the causes are, 1. Pulley misalignment 2. Excessive belt speed 3. Excessive ride out on driver pulley 4. Incorrect belt length.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
check the left front motor mount. Is it broken?

Reactions: acjag

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure about left front I'll give all mounts a good looking over the next chance I get thanks

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
AC where you located in PA?

Reactions: acjag
1 - 5 of 5 Posts